Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"Dump" Dinners

Sometimes, I don't have a recipe and just dump things together to make a meal. Luckily, it has also turned out good.

So in an effort to recall the yummy dinner, I am also sharing with you :) I would love to show a picture, but no such luck for you. The best I could do is show you the empty pan and cleaned plates.


Yesterday in an effort to use up some cooked chicken I made, Chicken Dump Dinner. Lovely name, huh. Maybe, I should have you guys try it and see if you can come up with a different name. Anyway, here is the recipe.

Chicken Dump Dinner

2 cups Minute rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chili ready diced tomatoes
1 can seasoned pinto beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 pound cooked chicken breast - cubed
1 1/2 cups shredded Colby/Monterey jack cheese

Dump first six ingredients in a 13x9 pan and mix together well. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Take out and top with cheese evenly and heat for another five minutes to melt the cheese. Serve with olives, onions, salsa, or nothing :) ENJOY!!


A couple days before, I was attempting to use up some cooked tilapia and also appease Aurora in her quest for Red Fish Stew. (That is the name of her fish that she caught at Douglas Reservoir just north of Ft. Collins, Colorado. She wanted to have her fish made into stew, but we grilled it instead.)

Fish Dump Stew


3/4 chopped videlia onions
1Tbsp chopped garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
3-4 cooked Tilapia fillets broken in to pieces
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can quartered artichoke hearts
1 can drained black beans
1 cup chicken broth

Heat the olive oil. Add in the garlic and onions and saute for five minutes over medium heat. Dump in the rest of the ingredients. Heat through for about 15 minutes over a medium heat. Serve with garlic bread.

~note: on the fish dump stew it was not quite the favorite that the chicken dump was. Aurora's comment was "Where's the carrots? Where's the potatoes?" Unfortunately, I didn't have those to dump in, but if you do, I'm sure you can add them in. Aurora had her own little recipe she was spouting off, so maybe next time we will try her version.

No comments:

Post a Comment