Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world.
~Ada Louise Huxtable~
(1921-?)
Architecture Critic & Writer
James is back at work continuing his upgrade training, while the kids and I do various chores and activities at home. I am trying to not be too lazy for fear that the summer will pass by too quickly and I will have accomplished nothing. Logan and Aurora are only too happy to accomplish nothing as they play in the water, on the playground, ride bikes, read books, draw, just watch tv, or play video games.
June is birthday month for us and Logan just celebrated #8. I still find it hard to believe that he is eight. He is 48 inches tall and 48 lbs. Mom and Dad drove up for the weekend to help him celebrate. We went to see Toy Story 3 (great flick for young and old) and also spent some time at the Tinker Air Show. It was also nice to have Dad in town to enjoy half the day for Father's Day and we also gave Mom her gift and card for her birthday she celebrated the previous Sunday.
James will celebrate his birthday tomorrow on June 22. Still working on what to do. Part of it will depend on his schedule on whether we will be heading out for dinner or not. I think that's the bad part of having a birthday on a weekday. It's not quite as easy to celebrate as it is on a weekend.
A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.
~Author Unknown



I still need to see that video of Aurora reeling the fish in. Sounds like the lazy days of summer are full of fun.
ReplyDelete