Saturday, February 20, 2010

Each passing moment

Enjoy yourself it's later than you think.
~ Chinese Proverb

Time and tide wait for no man.
~ English Proverb

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
~ Mother Teresa of Calcutta



Ah, it is now almost the end of February, and I finally got around to adding pictures to my December posting, even then I only added a few from Christmas because, well, it's February :)

Our year of 2010 has started off well and we are looking forward to all the times and memories we can make this year. We have had four snow days from school which we will have to make up. James has taken some leave to spend with us and to help me out with the kids.

Logan is in basketball this year and it is a lot of fun. He is on the same team as his cousins, Luke and Kaden. Yes, we make up half the basketball team :) We decided to buy a basketball goal, so Logan could practice more at home and be a bit more confident as he dribbles and shoots. I really like the organization they are involved with. It is called UpWard sport and they do a great job of teaching values and teamwork, along with the fundamentals of basketball. It is still more difficult for Logan, but he works very hard, helps out his teammates and has fun.

Aurora is looking forward to soccer, as she is old enough this year. We will be registering soon and think it would be great if Logan and Aurora could be on the same team. I'm not sure how they group them, but it would be nice. Aurora is becoming quite the little reader and reads everything. It is great to see her passion for reading and learning.

James is patiently awaiting his time till he will be doing his MCC upgrade. Since we are unsure of how long the upgrade will be, we are trying to get in as much family time as possible. Now we just need to decide what to do for spring break which is rapidly approaching.

I am staying busy with my class and all the paperwork that goes with it. As the semester progresses, I will have more to do with the Extended School Year paperwork (ESY), IEP's and week to week lesson plans. The school year seems to be moving along quickly and there is still so much to do. So while I try to keep up the blog and write emails, you will have to forgive me if they continue to be sporadic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment