Sunday, October 25, 2009

September to Remember

"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer."
- Helen Hunt Jackson, September, 1830-1885


How lovely the world is
In September

Warm air
Leaves just turning gold

Summer still lingering
Autumn coming nearer

It is a time of bittersweet endings
And bittersweet beginnings

It seems that every September
The world takes a deep breath

Shakes off the August heat
Prepares for a long winter

Knowing no one will feel this way again
Until next
September.

Nina Dringo

September has gone quickly by. School was in full swing and our first holiday break arrived. We were very excited to have Grandma and Grandpa from New Mexico (as the kids say) come visit us for Labor Day. We watched BYU beat OU, so that made Mom and Dad happy. Of course on Monday they wore team shirts other than BYU to get a free chicken sandwich from Chick fil-a. They bought the kids a Fuji apple tree to plant in the back yard and helped to plant our blueberry bushes. Not only did they plant in the backyard, but they also helped to weed the front beds. They got a quick peek at my classroom one night as I needed to pick up some things. But best of all they enjoyed time with the kids. Aurora and Logan loved to read to them or have books read to them.

Planting the tree
Posing with the Chick Fil-A Cow
Waiting for Mom
Being Silly waiting
Checking out the cows behind the house



Although (at the time) Halloween was in the distance, I purchased Aurora's costume and got some sneek peek pics of this Halloween. It should be very fun this year having a theme. If I could find a crocodile costume for Jedi that's what he would be to complete our Neverland theme. (James would be Captain Hook - I decided if he was here).



We were fairly low key the rest of the month as we got into our routine of school, home, and thank goodness it's the weekend. Oh, we did have a fun night at school for Family Dodge Ball. I admit I was very reluctant to go, but I was conned into it. Logan said "Would you like pizza for dinner tonight mom?" I said, "That sounds like it would be a good idea". "Great!" he says. "It's family dodge ball night at school and they are having pizza before the game." So we went to that where Logan was awesome. He did not go to the back to avoid the dodge balls, but jumped and dodged at the front line while he waited to snag one to toss. It was fun to watch him throw and get people out. Aurora chose not to join in and I was still wearing my school clothes, so wasn't feeling like I could be very agile. We also went to the book fair that night and both the kids found books to add to their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment