I had another birthday, yeah!! I am lucky enough to be able to have family up the road to help me celebrate. We had yummy cake, that Jesse (my fab sister in law) made and Ted's (mexican food) for us adults. The kiddos ate their dinner earlier than we did :) Thanks for all the birthday wishes and gifts that were sent my way :) I love my birthday and am glad I could enjoy it and continue to be young at heart :) James took me out the week before to Mickey Mantle's steakhouse and that was so yum! Seriously the best steak I have ever had and it wasn't even mine. James was kind enough to share. It was fun to celebrate my day with James before he left and then with family on my special day :)

Things have shifted since school started from six students to four and then four again just with one out and a new one in, plus I will be getting in two more within the next week or so. It makes for interesting dynamics in the class and lesson planning. The lesson planning has been more difficult as I have been trying to determine where they all are so when they add in the new kids, I have to adjust my plans to meet their needs. The other thing is all the paperwork. I have packets to place kids that need extra help plus the IEP's to do for my other ones. I think as I get the first couple done, I will feel more comfortable.
School started with things up in the air as to where Aurora would go. They had more Kindergartners at the school where I teach than they thought. Luckily, last minute, they hired a half day teacher and we were able to get both the kids to school with me. All the kindergartners made it so I had to move rooms and it was done the day before back to school night. It all worked out in the end and things are going good. The kids started school in kindergarten
and second grade. Still can't believe that both the kids are in school. Both of them are doing great, so that does make life good.
For me, I had my students come in the first full week of school (not on the three day week). I have a small class (but then my max is supposed to only be 10 anyway).
After and Before
Well, that was August. The long and short of it. We pretty much get up, go to school, pick up Aurora from Aunt Jesse (hang out and visit for a little while too), come home, eat dinner, do school stuff, attempt to do house stuff, and go to bed. It can be very busy at our house. In our down time, I do watch some tv, exercise as I watch tv, read to and listen the kids read, and watch them play outside.



No comments:
Post a Comment