Sunday, August 09, 2009

Count your Blessings

Today is a wonderful day to sit down and count the many blessings that I have. I have been remiss in expressing my thanks to our Heavenly Father as far as expressing it to others. He hears about it alot in our prayers, but I felt the need to share with others.

I always feel that I have many things to be thankful for but I feel more blessed than usual in these past few months.

  • I passed an important exam to be able to teach in the field of Special Education in the state of Oklahoma. An option which as of November 1 will no longer be available. I was extremely stressed because I was not confident about the essay portion where I completely blanked. I cried as I opened the email and envelope that told me I had passed my exam.
  • The day after I returned home (june 2), I received a phone call from the principal I had interviewed with the previous day (which almost didn't happen as we played phone tag and I was leaving that very day of which I interviewed). I was hired.
  • We found a beautiful house in Oklahoma in the area we want to be. Just down the road from family (James's brother and his family).
  • We are in Oklahoma where although I am not a big fan of the weather, I enjoy the area, the people, and both of my children are Sooner born, plus we are closer to family than we had been in Florida.
  • Logan is familiar with his doctors and they remember him after three years of being away.
  • We have neighbors on our street that we knew from before. It's good to know if I need help they are just down the road and willing to help.
  • I am so thankful for a wonderful husband and the value he places on family. I truly feel his love for me and our great children.
  • I am thankful for James and his service for our country. Even though it means he spends time away from us, I know that it is through his service that we enjoy our many freedoms.
  • I am thankful to live in our country where we do have the many opportunities and freedoms which many before us sacrificed for.
  • I am thankful for my children who love me, challenge me and help me to love being a mom. It is their sweet spirits and prayers that help me to remember to count my blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment