Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Me Bag

I'm Glad I'm Me

No one looks
The way I do.
I have noticed
That it's true.
No one walks the way I walk.
No one talks the way I talk.
No one plays the way I play.
No one says the things I say.
I am special.
I am me.
There's no one else
I'd rather be!


Aurora was lucky to get the me bag in her back pack. It is a red bag they send home with each child that they fill with four to five items to share from home. It is her special day to share things which are special to her.


I loved it as she talked about the picture of our family that she chose to share. She said "This is my family at the Air Force when my dad was leaving. He's been gone a very long week."

She also chose to share Teeny Tiny who is a small bear that was James's as a child. The kids all laughed at the name. She said it was her dad's and he named him. "Daddy told me to take good care of him." And she has. She sleeps with him every night.

She also shared her Care Bear. Who is just Care Bear, if you ask what the bear's name is silly :)

Her Hello Kitty slippers were also in the bag. She was asked if she wears them every day. Her response - "No, I only wear slippers at night."

The final item she squeezed in the bag was her baby blanket made especially for her by Grandma H. She loves to know that it was made special for her when she was a baby and she still has it.

It was so fun to watch her on her "special" day. She was so excited to share and put a lot of thought and consideration in what to share. She was also very confident as she shared about "me" :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy Aurora had her special day. She shared many items that do have special meaning and not just for her. She is a special little girl. Love you Aurora.
    Grandma Harmon

    ReplyDelete