Friday, May 15, 2009

Aurora's Five!

Good Morning Sleepy Head! Time to wake up! You're five today!

Opening early morning gifts.
A yummy cookie bouquet for dessert.
A silly monkey dance.

Aurora had her first party with friends on Saturday. She invited friends from school and had a good crowd. Nine kids, plus siblings, and half a dozen moms.

Eating Chick fil-a in the backyard
Moms get chairs to sit on :)
Time for pin the tail on the donkey. Hey! No peeking!
Opening presents
What wonderful friends to give such nice gifts
Time for the pinata!
No bats to whack other kids with :) Just pull a string to make the candy fall.
Yummy cake time!
A care bear cake as requested - ummm chocolate :)


It was a great party. I was so stressed the night before that I almost didn't have time to relish a date with my hubby. James and I got to see Star Trek (awesome movie!) and then had dinner at the fishbone grill. We stopped on the way home to get supplies and party favors for the party. I was super stressed so between teasing me a bit, James helped me get everything needed. The party was a successful (lots of thanks to James for being here to help organize kids). I got compliments from several of the moms (I had mentioned I wasn't big on giving parties- I get too stressed) that it had turned out very well.

The big sign of success - Aurora was happy!!

1 comment:

  1. A five year olds birthday--that's pretty special. I recognize the dress now. I'm glad it fits. Keep enjoying these times.

    ReplyDelete