23 - 25 May - Our last trip to Disney World before leaving Florida. It was Star Wars weekend at Hollywood Studios. We celebrated Logan's birthday early with a surprise trip. Not that is was much of a surprise. We put them in the car at 12 midnight on Saturday. Do they go back to sleep? No. You hear a little voice as we hit I-10 whisper "Yes!". As we go through Tallahassee 2 1/2 hours later "I knew" it. Finally, I give them both something to help them sleep, so I can sleep and be halfway awake to start our weekend at Disney. Some pics of an enjoyable time at Star Wars weekend.
Logan and James with Darth Vader
Aurora wanted to chase down the storm trooper so she could get her picture with him
Aurora posing on an ant (I know I was surprised that she wanted to)
Logan and Aurora speeding away
The really cool thing that happened that weekend was Logan got to go up on stage for light saber training from Ray Park (the guy who played Darth Maul in Phantom Menace). Logan had an awesome time. Ray did some demonstrations of the different martial art stuff he knows and it's amazing! He did all his own stunts for the movie.
Way too cool, Logan!!
Logan really seemed to enjoy it, so maybe that could be something we try when we move to Oklahoma.
We also met up with some friends of ours. They were in line to meet Darth Vader and we were headed to the bathroom. It was very random. I was going to call on Sunday, so seeing them before then was great. It was really fun to get to spend time with them at Disney.
28 May - My last day of work with Family Child Care. Very mixed emotions. I have truly enjoyed doing FCC for the past 5 1/2 years, but am so looking forward to going back to teaching. I had always made a plan to go back to teaching when Aurora was going to be heading into Kindergarten and now is the time to do it. It works out well, since our time here in FL is done, so it will be a fresh start in OK.
29 May - 1 June - My first TDY! I flew out to OK by myself and James was left in charge of the kiddos for the next few days. I headed out there to take my certification exam for Mild/Moderate disabilities to make me more marketable for teaching. The test went well. I could have done better on the essay part (doesn't help when your brain loses all thought as you get to the essay), but I feel pretty confident that I passed. Jesse (sister-in-law) just had surgery, so I was more than happy to be an extra pair of hands to help out with the kids. Monday, I stopped in at the admin building to say "hi" and had another interview. It was a good interview and I left feeling very pleased with how it went. I arrived home that evening to kids and a husband who missed me much. I think Logan missed me more, but he is a Momma's boy, so that isn't too surprising :) The kids did good for James, so all is good.
Me. Home after my first "TDY"
Now we are cleaning up to try and get ready for the packers to come tomorrow. They will be here 4-5 and 8-9 June. After all the stuff is gone from the house it will be time to clean, clean, clean, and paint, paint, paint! We have the final out of our house on 12 June and then out process the base on 15 June.
Oklahoma here we come!



Everything looks awesome. The kids had fun at Disney, you did well on your exam, you get to start a new job...how EXCITING!! Good luck with the packers and your move! Give Mel a hug for me when you see her!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on everything! What a wonderful time in our lives right now! Yes it's crazy and hectic but I wouldn't trade it for anything! I hope I can visit your beautiful new house in OK!!
ReplyDeleteYes, thanks for your help! You were certainly wonderful! We are ready to have you here!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Star Wars weekend! Riley would LOVE that! They got to do some fun stuff and you captured some amazing pictures! FUN!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on everything! Wonder if we'll meet up in OK while we're visiting Melissa!?