Thursday, March 12, 2009

Family in February

Ok, so this is already March, but we did have the great opportunity to have Lila Cathleen, Spencer, and Miriam come visit us for the President's Day weekend. They drove all night Wednesday to be here Thursday morning. They got to see me in action working with the kids :) On Friday, LC, Spencer, and Miri took Aurora to school while I drove around to different Dr.'s appts. before finally going to pick up James from the airport after his two week TDY.

It was not the most fantastic weather for beach visiting, but throughout the weekend we did a checked the beach behind our house, watched Logan play basketball, did a Polar Plunge, went to church, went on a scout nature trail hike, our own hike at Rocky State Nation Park (or something like that) and then a visit to the Destin beach. We had a very fun time and it was wonderful to see them. Oh, we also played Rock Band and SingStar a bit. It is now official - I am horrible at the guitar. Both Spencer and LC were able to finish songs with the band, something I have yet to do! I do sing better than LC (or so SingStar says) :)

Pictures are in no particular order. Well, they are backwards Destin beach first down to the first day on our beach - enjoy :)




























2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun time with the family! I could use a day at the beach- even if the weather wasn't perfect I am sure it is MUCH warmer there than it is here! ;-)
    I still can't believe you did a polar plunge! I can't do cold water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so fun when family comes to visit! I'm looking forward to that when we move! Glad you had fun! Is the polar plunge a tradition in your family of just something to be silly? GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete