Friday, August 22, 2008

Swimming fun (for almost all)

Logan and Aurora took swim lessons before school started
Aurora wanted to watch from the sidelines
Logan laughed he was having so much fun
Aurora participated, but was not happy about it at all!

Logan had the opposite reaction of Aurora

Last day, Logan is a ready to move to level 2

"move back further, so I can jump farther"
Aurora had her best day on the last day
She was a different child
Even ready to "jump" in
All smiles!! She wanted more!
Underwater shot (not the best)
Logan ready to test his jumping skills off the pier
"Cannonball"
My exercise for the day, pushing him back up the pier
Aurora not ready for the pier jumping, but content to watch

We did make it to the pool on yesterday with just Aurora and I.  She had the best time.  She went from holding my hands to jump in the pool to just jumping!  She also was kicking her legs, working on blowing bubbles and floating and trying to move her arms and legs with my help.  I am so happy because it was such a trial everyday during swim lessons (except the last day).  During swim lessons, she would do everything when prompted, but she was pitifully crying or fussing the whole time.  Now that she is actually looking forward to going to the pool, they are closing at the end of August.  Unfortunately, she is not quite ready for ocean swimming, so we will do the best we can while we still have the chance.

Enjoy the rest of summer everyone, while you can!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't if funny how two children who came from the same person can be so different sometimes! My kiddos are like that. One LOVES spaghetti, the other HATES it!!

    Pier jumping looks like so much fun!! There aren't any sharks are there?? Thats my only fear of the ocean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny- we had the opposite problem at the beginning of summer- Brooke was the one who was anxious at first and Becca had no fear! ;-) Glad that was a short lived phase for Brooke and it sounds like it was for Aurora too! What a brave boy to jump off the pier like that! Looks like fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little unsure about getting in, but I really wanted to jump off the pier. I checked it out first and could stay, so was careful when jumping in. I didn't feel any creepy crawling things in the water, so that was good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun. I'm glad that Logan loves swimming and that Aurora gave it the old college try and now she likes swimming to. Good pictures of sweet kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to both kiddos for completing swim lessons! Glad to hear it just took a little time for Aurora to get used to it!
    That peir is HIGH! GO LOGAN!!!

    ReplyDelete