Today I used our new lawn mower. Had to break down and get one, instead of borrowing the neighbors. I like it though. It's self-propelled which is great. If I use the self-propel too much, then when I not using it, it feels like I'm trying to push a ton of bricks. It is very helpful to have it propel itself up the incline in the back yard.
Aurora is very creative on the tasks she does. She made a fire truck using sticky notes, scissors, glue, and colored it red. She also hid in the laundry basket and for lunch came up with her new "favorite" type of sandwich. A jelly and pickle relish sandwich. Kid you not. She brought out the two things along with the bread and the spoon. She would not eat it, until I put the pickle relish on. I guess it would have the sweet sour taste. I DO NOT plan to try it to find out though.
Logan is enjoying school. He comes home and tells me what they learned and who he met. The only thing he is not liking is the bus ride. He says it is too loud. Yesterday, he said he had to sit more toward the back and it was even louder. I am planning on speaking to the bus driver to see if he can have a seat more up to the front or she could talk with the kids about volume control. Logan never complained last year, so I'm thinking it must be louder than your normal bus ride. Maybe it is all related to just the first days of school and things will calm down.
Here is a pic of Aurora as she rides her horse "Dusty"
"YeeHaw"



I am ready for quite days again!! I think my kids brains have turned into mush!!
ReplyDeleteThat sandwich sounds pretty interesting! Did she really eat it??
Does Aurora still love wearing her hats? Great picture of her. I love her LONG hair. Still waiting pics of your house...(hint, hint!) Thanks :)
ReplyDeleteShe is so pretty Belva! I have to tell Dusty (my brother) the name of her horse!lol
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to school days again too!! As much as I hate getting up early I always get a lot of stuff done!!
ReplyDeleteCute hat/horse! :-)
We too are enjoying Adam being back in school. We get so much done while he is there! I'm sure we;ll definately enjoy it when the baby comes! Did Aurora actually eat the sandwhich?..interesting! kids are so silly!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute pic of Aurora!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going well, for the most part (darn that loud bus, hope it quiets down for Logan!)!