Friday, August 22, 2008

"S" stands for...

School for Aurora
Logan has one week of school down and Aurora will begin on Monday! We got a call this morning that let us know that a space has opened up for the VPK (voluntary pre-kindergarten) on base. I told she would be starting school and she said "My school is called high school". I think she was disappointed when I told her it was just VPK. After a appointment for Logan today, we headed to Target to get Aurora her Hello Kitty backpack (she has been asking for one since Logan got his backpack) and a new pair of shoes. We are ready for Monday...Rain or rain or less rain.

Soccer for Logan
We also got Logan signed up for soccer yesterday. It (according to them) almost didn't happened. When I went in to register they told me it was full. I had been in the previous week and they had told me that the date had been extended till August 22. The previous week, I let them know that I needed to get a new copy of his physical, so they said to take the registration paper home and bring it back with the physical. So I did all they asked and was not going to leave until Logan was on a team, especially since it wasn't the 22nd yet and the fact that I wasn't told that I could have turned in the registration paper and brought in the physical later. Luckily, things worked out and I didn't have too upset or call in my back up forces (James) to do all the talking.

Scrumptious dinner for us
Tonight we had pancakes and bacon for dinner. A fabulous dinner to start the weekend. It's been forever since I've had breakfast for dinner. It's a nice change of pace and easy to cook :)

Stormy weather...boo, hiss
We are awaiting TS Fay's arrival, should be here tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but we are ready (I guess). They are predicting 8-10 inches, so we shall see.

(I will not freak out, I will not freak out, I will not freak out, I will not freak out,....)


9 comments:

  1. I had to get Jenna a new backpack too! Even though she has at least 2 she could've used!! She got Princess!! Wow 2 kids in school, isn't it going ot be great!!

    We are waiting patiently for soccer to start too! I haven't gotten emails yet about teams. Wonder what the hold up is?

    I'll be thinking about you during Fay! I hope it's not too bad! My brother is braced in Panama City too!!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, we LOVE pancakes and bacon for dinner! It's one of our FAVS!! One kid with syrup, the other without!! Silly huh??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that Aurora got into the vpk class. I am also glad she is so excited. Love the swimming pics. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Aurora got into the pre-K class! :-) This year both my Girls will be in school too which I am really looking forward to!! I LOVE breakfast for dinner! Yummy!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. School already! I hope Aurora enjoys the pre K. I think you'll miss her. I still miss all you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that school worked out for Aurora and soccer for Logan. Adam starts soccer with the YMCA in 2 weeks. Soccer is such a great fall sport. Good luck with Fay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the swim pics. At least she should be warmed up when the next classes start. Glad she got into VPK! I'm also glad the soccer worked out for Logan! We love soccer, but this year I didn't pay close enough attention as to when it started and the season has been over and done with. I'm hoping to get her in indoor...hopefully I will keep a better eye out as to when it starts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Aurora on starting VPK! Sounds like fun! (Fun for mommy too, with both kids in school!)
    Glad to hear Logan got into soccer! Whew! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
    We had bfst for dinner not too long ago, it IS a refreshing change of pace! Riley thought it was a hoot.
    We will DEFINITELY keep you in our thoughts and prayers during Fay...and feel free to bottle some of that water up and send it my way! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what are you going to do all day with the kids in school. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete