It is time for school to begin again. So off we go!
Family shot
Another shot of the family (notice even Jedi is looking!)
Heading out the door
In front of the house
Walking to class with Dad and Aurora
Outside the classroom
Sitting at the desk
Getting crayons ready for morning work
Home after school
Walking home from school with Aurora
James and I were a little bit nervous because the orientation threw us off. When we went to orientation, they had an excess in enrollment, so had just hired a teacher the previous day at noon. Good for them that they could do that before school started, but not so comfortable for us as parents of a child who needs a more experienced teacher. She was very nice and very willing to work with us and Logan, but it just didn't seem to be what we felt we needed. I, of course, know everyone has to start somewhere, but I also think the first year of teaching is a very difficult one without adding on the additional paperwork and resources needed to meet Logan's needs. We spoke with the principal, the ESE coordinator, and another teacher (who is our secret weapon) with a VI (visual impairment instructor) background. He was switched back to the teacher we had originally thought he would be with at 9 o'clock Friday night. We wanted to bring Logan in to school today, instead of riding the bus, to talk with her briefly about his needs, see the classroom, and get more of a look at the school (they have been doing remodeling, so we have still not yet had a real tour of the place). I think both James and I felt a lot more comfortable about being at a new school as we learned that the principal has an ESE background and so far, what everyone says about her is true, she is wonderful and takes the child's needs to heart. We are looking forward to the school year and working with a great group of people who will be working with our angel.



Everything sounds good. I love the family pictures. Hope your day was wonderful Logan! Love Aunt Jesse
ReplyDeleteYAY for Logan! First grade is awesome!! I'm glad you got everything all worked out with the teachers!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your first day Logan!! Its important these little ones have really good teachers good move mom and dad.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Logan!! What great pictures of y'all! Logan looks so excited for his big day!! I am so glad to hear that about his teacher, she sounds wonderful! :-)
ReplyDeletePS- I love your couches!
I hope he has a great year! You are going to be amazed at how quick he is going to "grow up" this year. It's a great age!
ReplyDeleteSo what does Logan think of first grade and the new school? How does Aurora feel about having you all to herself all day for awhile?
ReplyDeleteHave a good one. That's awesome that they would work with you on the teacher. Living in Edgewood means we usually only have two teachers per grade because there aren't a ton of students. This means they'll probably have one teacher for home room and the other for reading so it doesn't really matter which you like better. Good luck and have fun with your little Aurora!
ReplyDeleteMisty