Monday, April 14, 2008

It's a hit!! -- updated w/pics 16 April

I had no idea what to expect tonight for Logan's first baseball game. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease and fun. My nerves went away as I watched the kids have a great time. The premise for these guys is "Everybody hits and Everybody runs". The kids get seven pitches each and it goes through the whole line. There are no outs to worry about. Even if they don't hit the ball they still get to run the bases. If the kids get a hit, the outfielders charge after it to throw it to first. It was funny to see the whole team swarm toward the ball, so someone could come out to toss it to first :) Each team had two turns at bat and two turns in the outfield.
Logan's team played outfield first. There were a couple of times the ball headed his direction, but as I said everybody would go after the ball, so he didn't get it.
When it was his turn up for bat, I moved over so I could get a shot of him as he batted. He batted left-handed, so I got his back. On his next turn up to back (2nd inning), I was ready for him to bat from the left, he batted right-handed :) On his first pitch, he got a hit!! How excited am I!! Logan ran it out to first perfectly!! Did I mention I was excited!! Logan told me that he was going to tell the coach that he just needed to bat right-handed. That way worked better for him :) He said he saw the ball and it hit his bat, so he ran. He was excited to tell his dad how well he did.

I'll post pics tomorrow (hopefully). We got up at 4:30 this morning to take James to the airport, so I'm a wee bit tired :)

Before the big game

Ready for the batter

First time at bat

running to tag third

It's a hit!!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Logan!! I am so glad the game went well. I hope he loves it as much as his cousins do! They live for t-ball. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Logan sounds like a natural! So glad to hear how great it went! See Mom- nothing to be nervous about! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew everything would be ok!! Congratulations on getting through it!! It looks like Logan is enjoying playing ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... makes me wish I had a boy! Almost :)

    Thanks for the comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I CANNOT wait for these days! Great pics and glad to hear Logan did so well!!!

    ReplyDelete