Logan was so excited because we finally carved our pumpkin tonight. He has been waiting and we (James and I) have been taking our sweet time in getting it done. It was either tonight or never. I was almost wondering if James would be able to participate because he came home with a killer headache, but he didn't want to be left out.
At seven, we finally started cutting into the pumpkin. this is the first pumpkin I got to carve since James and I got married! It was so funny after opening the top, I let the kids look inside and reach in to grab out seeds. Logan put his had in (very tenatively) and said "it's soft, sticky,and icky".
After that Aurora was not even going to stick her hand in.
Once we started to scoop out the seeds then she became curious and felt the seeds and the pumpkin goo.
Logan "designed" the pumpkin. He wanted triangle eyes, a square nose and a scary mouth "like a jack-o-lantern". I adjusted the mouth a bit...I like toothy grins :)
Once it was complete, it was time to put in the candle and check it out.
SUCCESS!! Both the kids think it looks great! We are ready for Halloween!
At seven, we finally started cutting into the pumpkin. this is the first pumpkin I got to carve since James and I got married! It was so funny after opening the top, I let the kids look inside and reach in to grab out seeds. Logan put his had in (very tenatively) and said "it's soft, sticky,and icky".
After that Aurora was not even going to stick her hand in.
Once we started to scoop out the seeds then she became curious and felt the seeds and the pumpkin goo.
Logan "designed" the pumpkin. He wanted triangle eyes, a square nose and a scary mouth "like a jack-o-lantern". I adjusted the mouth a bit...I like toothy grins :)
Once it was complete, it was time to put in the candle and check it out.
SUCCESS!! Both the kids think it looks great! We are ready for Halloween!



Cute! You guys have fun tonight! Be safe and save some chocolate for Aunt Jesse---I'll be there in 3 days!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGood job! I haven't bought a pumpkin. I just can't get into the spirit! I do have an inflatable one that we will put out tonight for the trick or treaters! Does that count???
ReplyDeleteGreat jack-o-lantern! I LOVE carving pumpkins with the fam! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat Jack! We opted for painting this year...I just wasn't in the mood for the mess, and we weren't going to be home to give out candy...Riley had a blast painting it though! I know next year he'll be excited to carve and we'll be ready!
ReplyDelete