Editor's note: This fabulous picture was taken by James. He had a great time capturing lightning as it flashed across the sky!
We have been having a lot of rain this past week (and looking forward to more) and I realized this past Thursday how different it felt to have a storm here. In OK, I was always extremely tense whenever it rained or a thunderstorm was coming our way. I would literally be on the verge of tears and ready to bolt for safety, because tornados could always pop up. Even if there weren't any in sight, I never could relax till the storm was past our area. I watched the news/radar to see how long it would it be till it got here and when it would be gone. On Thursday, we had an awesome storm. I say this because the thunder was loud and the lightning was unbelievable. James and I opened up the blinds in our room to watch the lightning as we went to sleep. I realized as I was drifting to sleep that I was enjoying this storm, listening to the thunder clap, and the lightning streak across the sky. I never felt that in OK and missed it much from growing up in NM. It was a great feeling to know that I could enjoy those moments.



No comments:
Post a Comment