Thursday, August 03, 2006

First Day of School

Logan taking pictures of me, Aurora, the flag, etc.
Logan taking a picture of me taking a picture of him
It's here again. Another school year. I'm a bit calmer this year because it's his second year, but still it is a new school. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was awake in our house by 6:15 this morning. I thought I would see James off, then go back to bed till 7, but no such luck. Logan got up and made a beeline to our room to hop in our bed and "rest" for "5 more minutes". Aurora heard Logan leave so she crawls out of bed and comes to the kitchen looking for some company. Jedi got out of bed so he could use the facilities. So we all got up and had some breakfast, waved good-bye to Daddy, watched some TV, and got dressed. Logan got to wear his birthday outfit to school with his brand new shoes and looked fabulous:) He got a new backpack this year that is green. He would prefer his Spiderman backpack (which is in great condition, but they try to stay away from popular characters in his class and coordinate their backpacks with their color for the year), but I was able to convince him that his green backpack is perfect~especially since it is his favorite color. We were waiting for the bus starting at 8. Picture time of course while we wait. I took pictures of Logan then he took pictures of us, the flag, whatever (I'm curious to see). The bus is supposed to be here by 8:15. Since it's the first day of school, I don't expect it to be exactly on time, but after I see the other bus pick up all the other school kids, I begin to wonder if they forgot about us. I call Ms. Kathy (Logan's teacher), she calls the bus, and we determine they are on their way. The bus is here and Logan's ready to go. On goes the backpack and he walks to the schoolbus. On he goes to find his seat, get buckled in and off they go. "Now it's just you and me, Aurora".

"Time to get on the bus"

See you this afternoon!

5 comments:

  1. School starts so early. I'm glad Logan is looking forward to it. You may be looking forward to it also. Enjoy the beach days in the sand with Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then you went inside and cried because your baby went to school on the big school bus!!! You left that part out!! I'm going to be a mess in a few weeks myself when Jackson goes to school!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I will be SO sad when Brooke goes off to school. She won't be 4 until after September 1st, so it looks like public pre-school is out for her for another year. Looking forward to pics of the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that Logan will have a great time at school, if nothing else a chance for stairs and to ride the bus again, right?? Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine when Riley goes to school for the first time! What a great 'story' though, thanks for sharing the events of the morning! I hope Logan was excited and that his first day at the new school is great!

    ReplyDelete