We had a jam-packed weekend that was a lot of fun. James and I had couple time and we also had fun as a family.
Friday - James arrives home from work and we are off to the Hornets game. The Hornets played the Raptors who they had beat just a about a week earlier in double overtime (we listened to that one on the radio). We sat in our regular seats, but kept an eye out on other seats closer to the floor so if they stayed open we could get another view. At half-time we headed down to seats behind the basket. It was pretty neat because we did get a better view of the players (see the sweat glistening over their hard muscles:)). I actually like our seats better because we get to see the whole game from one end of the court to the other and we can use binoculars if we need to get a closer look. The Hornets win (which will hopefully help us get into the playoffs (we need to win the rest of our games if possible)~we're two games back and we need the Kings and the Lakers to lose to help secure a spot). The final score 95-89.
Off to the movies. We don't even know what's out, but when we have a babysitter we like to do as much as possible. We decide to see "The Lucky Sleven". I had seen a scene about it on Good Morning, so I knew that Josh Harnett, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, and Ben Kingsley were in it, but didn't really have a clue what the movie was about. I think Morgan Freeman is an amazing actor, so this one got my vote. The other one I wanted to watch was the dancing movie with Antonio Banderas, but it was already 8 minutes into the movie (I don't know if James would have enjoyed it). I actually enjoy seeing movies without really having heard anything about them because then you aren't swayed one way or the other and don't get disappointed if the movie has been really hyped up. So without knowing anything about this movie, I really enjoyed it. If you get a chance to see it, it's a movie that is just...I don't know....I don't want to give anything away, but I really liked it, it had funny parts, sad parts, kept you guessing. Well worth the money.
Saturday- Lazy Day? The only things really planned are to head down to Norman to buy James's cap and gown (He will be walking in the May commencement and officially graduate at the end of the summer with his Master's in Human Relations...YEAH!!) and got to the Yard Dawgz (Arena Football). We head down to Norman, buy the cap and gown, and discover they are having the Red and White game. It's their Spring scrimmage, offense vs. the defense. We buy tickets and see our first OU game. It was televised on ESPN, so maybe you might have seen parts of it as you were flipping through channels:)
It's time for the Yard Dawgz to start off their season vs. Stockton. We have different seats this year so we aren't as close to the action, but have a better view of the game. I love my football, it's so much fun. As we're sitting their I mention to James that they have moved the players to the opposite side. He looks at me and says "No sweetie, we moved". Just in case you can't figure it out, I have absolutely no sense of direction. It was my platinum blonde moment of the evening. The game was great and halftime was awesome. Grambling State University was the entertainment and they are just WOW!! They are know for their dancing moves as well as their music. Talk about getting the crowd on their feet. It's funny, but the crowd was louder during their performance and more into it than during the game. Yard Dawgz win! As we are leaving, we see the baseball game is still going and think about going their for a brief moment, but it's too cold for me, so we grab some food at Spaghetti Warehouse before calling it a night.
Sunday- We head out to church and had an enjoyable time. The kids were good and I learned something, so that's always a bonus. We get KFC for lunch and enjoy a family lunch before taking a family nap. After naptime, we head outside and enjoy the wonderful day. James and I work on cleaning out the pool and the kids play basketball, color with chalk, play on the slides, etc. I actually get in the pool (yoga pants and a sports bra) to get to vacuum it better. It took a bit to get used to (it was COLD!!), but the pool really benefited. There is still some work to be done, but now it's not as much. We are looking forward to the summertime and getting as much use out of the pool as possible, before we head outta here.
James and I watch "Stay" with Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts. Interesting movie. A wee bit confusing. You definately have to watch the whole thing and even then it's just kinda weird.
As you can see, we had a fun weekend and are not ready for the week to begin:)
Monday, April 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



One can never have too many sports! But I won't forgive you for buying anything having to do with ou football!!!! Mizzou-Rah!
ReplyDeleteWOW what a busy weekend! But oh so much fun!! I miss all the sports goings on in OK. Especially OK football!!! You are so lucky to have gone!!! It sounds like it was a great family weekend!!! Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteYou had a sports-weekend too! :-) So who won the ou game? HA HA HA!! I agree with Jesse though- I don't know about all that ou business! ;-) Glad you had a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast! So much fun.
ReplyDeleteWell, no new post, but like the new look of your blog!
ReplyDeleteI love the look of your blog!!! And the new links!!! Cool!!1
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny...I can't believe you have link to American Idol!!!! Are you another Chris fan too????? Gag me...he's hot, but the whole "rocker" thing just doesn't do it for me. I need to add a bunch of links to my blogspot too....I almost changed my template to this one too, but chose differently. I get bored of the same old look too often and have to make changes :o)
ReplyDelete