Thursday, April 13, 2006

"Takin what they're givin...Cause I'm workin for a livin"

Worthwhile Workday

Today was actually the best day working that I've had in a while. I can't tell you what a difference that makes in my mood! The day started off good (No whining from Logan). I even made breakfast and lunch for James for his flight. All the kids were in good moods today. We went on base for an Egg hunt. They did so good! Aurora was a little bit stand-offish, but otherwise everyone just had a great time playing with all the kids (and there were a lot of kids!!). We came home watched a movie, had a picnic snack in the living room, and then played puzzles, ring-a-round the rosies, and made up new verses to the hokey pokey. The kids were picked up later today than usual (4 instead of 3 or 3:30), but even that was ok because it was just a good day. It's day like this that I'm reminded why I do what I do.

American Idol
Now on to my other topic :) I love American Idol. I started watching it during the first season at the very end. I saw Kelly Clarkson win and to be honest, she wouldn't have been my first choice. (She has come along way since then...Yes, I do own her 2nd CD and really enjoy it). During the 2nd season, James was gone so that was Logan and my thing to look forward to each week to keep us going. We would even break out the karoake machine. Logan LOVES to sing (he's asking to get out the piano with the mic right now). So anyway, I am continuing to enjoy this season as well. My favorites are (in order) Catherine McPhee, Taylor Hicks, and Chris Daughtery. Catherine is just Wow. I really love listening to her. I about died when she was in the bottom 2 the week before. Ask James. He'll tell ya. So I loved Tues. performance and am eagarly anticipating next week. Till then...

8 comments:

  1. I had a productive day also!! Got all the easter stuff together and the meal stuff! I'm taking the kids bowling with the moms group this afternoon. I have been hit and miss with AI this year. So I don't think I can justify saying who is good and who is not. I do know that I don't like Kelli Pickler!! She just gets on my nerves!! I got to watch it last night and was happy with who got booted! Till next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James' favorites are Katherine and KELLY (go figure).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are Chris and Katharine, in that order, and Ben likes Katharine then Chris. I was SO glad Bucky got the boot!! Kellie annoys the cr@p out of me too!!! I just think it would be neat if someone who doesn't do the whole pop-thing won, like Chris. A rock/alternative singer would be a nice change. Last year I was rooting for Bo to win!!! I guess it is just because rock/alternative is my kind of music...guess we'll see!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you Mel!! I'm ready for some good alternative! Boy do I miss those Pearl Jam days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is Kelli the country Jessica Simpson? I don't watch the show, but I watched the last few episodes last season, I was all for Bo, so if this Chris guy fits in there, Go Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is Katherine also! I like Kelly, but she's just a "dumb" Carrie Underwood. I liked Bucky...."Bucky", what a name!!! I also like to hear Elliot sing, but I don't like to look at his teeth. Paris is so cute, too! Ace, Ace, Ace....I like to look at him...he can even come sit in my hot tub for a while...but the poor boy can't sing! I can't stand Taylor...I want him to go so bad. He looks as old as my dad. He reminds me of Jay Leno. I want him to fall down on stage every time I see him dance :o) I call him Carnival....he should be singing on a Carnival Cruise Line somewhere out in the middle of the ocean!!!! Taylor and Kathy Lee Gifford should hook up! I don't think Chris will win because so many of the voters aren't ready for a rocker to be the American Idol. Once it gets down to the final two (like last season) you have all these moms (of little girls) voting for people they want their kids to "Idol"ize.....Bo and his drug charges just didn't make the cut. Chris is too hardcore for the "general" American Idol audience, I think :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello...???

    Belva???

    I don't want to bug, but where are ya??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete