Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Thankful for the Atonement
This weekend two families have heavy hearts and need comforting as they have lost family members at too young of an age. I work with one of the teachers and her daughter passed away in her sleep after having an allergic reaction to a shot and some medication she had taken. She was in her late 20's and had a young daughter in first grade. The second person was one we had gone thought training with and had kept in touch with over the years. He had recently remarried three or four years ago and had celebrated his new baby's first birthday in August. His older daughter from his first marriage is 16 or 17. He was 39 and passed away at home due to a heart attack. Both of these lives ended too soon and too quickly without notice. I think those are always the hardest. I am thankful for the atonement and resurrection. I am thankful to know that I will live with my Heavenly Father again and be with those who have passed away before me. I am thankful to know that those in need can be comforted because our Heavenly Father and Jesus love us. Even those times will be difficult for these families, I have faith that we are not given trials without a way to get through them. I remember when Robert passed away it was very difficult to deal with. It took me years before I could talk about it to others. I have always know that I would see him again when the time came, but now I can share that knowledge more clearly with others. I pray for those families who have lost their loved ones and that they will feel the love and prayers from those around them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment