![]() |
| Meet our 5th grader and 3rd grader |
School is back in session. It has been 15 days of hard labor. Ok, maybe not that bad. We are getting back into the swing of things. I started off with 4 IEP meetings within the first week and a half of school. Hopefully, that means the rest of the year I can spread it out with 1 a month, but probably not. That's ok though. I don't mind it, as long as the parents are easy to work with. To all you parents of school-age or soon to be school-age children, be advocates for your children, but also do your part and put in the effort. Do not expect the teacher to do all the work and you have an A student. It really helps when the parents are supporting the efforts that the teachers are doing. It really is a much tougher job now a days because lots of parents don't help their kids take responsibility for their actions. Instead, they blame the teachers. Our education system is changing also. Here in Oklahoma, the are adopting new evaluations to rate teachers as effective. Lots of the things, I already do, but I have also seen areas where I can get better. Now to get that done before my first observation :)
Logan is a fifth grader now and is doing well so far. We continue to work on responsibility and organization to help him do his best in fifth grade. He is excited about this year because it will mean Camp Claussen in October. It is a week of outdoor school near Duncan(?), OK. Since Logan has done well at his two week long camps this year, I think he will enjoy another week long camp with his teachers. It will definitely make it so they get to know him better :) Logan is also in SEARCH again this year and is looking forward today. SEARCH is their advanced program here. He enjoys the day of the week where he gets to do things a bit differently than a normal day in the classroom.
![]() |
| First day of school |
Aurora is in third grade this year. She is doing well also. It is so fun to read her spelling work or sentences she writes because it is more than just a sentence. Each sentence goes with the next in this mini story. She is quite the writer with a fun imagination. She is also quite the artist. I'll have to take a picture of her triceratops she drew the other day. She is also in SEARCH for the first year. She had her first class last Wednesday and was pretty excited. They will be learning about Leonardo Da Vinci. Both of the kids think this is very cool to be learning about this "genius inventor".
James is continuing to do well at work. We are so proud of him for becoming a Lt. Col. select and look forward to when he pins on, most likely next summer. Keep that in mind if you are planning summer vacation. Maybe a trip to Oklahoma will be in store. By the way, Aurora has been wondering about when our next family reunion is...start thinking! James did get bronchitis this week. I'm glad he went to the doctor after a couple days of feeling crummy. I did not want him to wait and have it on and off for a month like I did at the beginning of this year before getting diagnosed. All in all, things are going well for James. No TDYs or deployments are in our future at this moment (knock on wood), so it is nice to have him home.
![]() |
| Family photo at the Lincoln Memorial from our VA trip 2012 |
Jedi and Thorr are also doing well. Jedi is old, but hanging in there. We have him on some medicine for arthritis. I think it helps a bit. His backbone sticks out a lot more so you want to pet him on the side instead of on his back. Thorr is a big goober. He is sweet, but in the way as he has to know what's cooking for dinner and what you are eating. He loves to be loved. Thorr hates the sprinkler, so that is when we hear him back the most. Silly dog.






Great to see your blog again. Sounds like you are really enjoying being back in school--I know, its hectic, but I think you are doing a good job. I'm glad the kids are off to a good start with SEARCH. Cute first day of school pictures.
ReplyDelete