Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ah, November

November is usually a good time to reflect and think about what I am grateful for. I love Thanksgiving and the chance to celebrate one another and to show thanks for all we have received.

"Our Father, fill our hearts, we pray,
With gratitude Thanksgiving Day;
For food and raiment Thou dost give,
That we in comfort here may live."
- Luther Cross


Logan, Aurora, and I had a restful Thanksgiving to wind down the month of November. We stayed in Oklahoma and had our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I made turkey breasts instead of a whole turkey. At the store, I was only going to pick up one package, but Logan said he could eat one all by himself. I picked up two instead and it's a good thing I did. They really enjoyed the turkey and leftovers are awesome!

Logan and Aurora were also very thankful for the new bikes they got. Logan needed a new one to replace his other one that was now too small and rusted. Aurora really liked Logan's new bike and was interested in riding one with training wheels. She tried it in the store and enjoyed it, so we didn't want to miss this opportunity. Why an opportunity you ask? Because anytime we had previously suggested she try a bike with only two wheels (even if it had training wheels), a look of pure terror would cross her face and watch out for the tears and screams if you tried to put her on it! So jump we did and picked up her bike two days after Logan got his. It took two days, so we could get the ok from the other side of the world :)

Logan's new bike. No training wheels, but still needs help from mom :)
Aurora's lil honey bike, complete with streamers and front bag:)

We also had the opportunity to go to an NBA game with our team of the OKC Thunder. It is so very exciting and Logan is an awesome person to have go with you. He cheers like crazy! Aurora enjoys it for the cotton candy :) We look forward to the next time we can be there to cheer on our Thunder!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy


1 comment:

  1. I hope to see you on your bike next. Have the two of you taken a bike hike with the children yet? I bet it won't be long before Aurora doesn't need training wheels either. Beautiful children

    ReplyDelete