Tuesday, January 06, 2009

First Basketball Practice

Logan had his first basketball practice tonight. He is so fun to watch. As they raced the lines, the first time someone almost knocked him over as he was trying to get to the line and they were turning around. The second time he turned as they turned even though he hadn't touched the line, but it took away the risk of getting knocked over by wayward runners. He dribbled ok, room for improvement there, but I think it was pretty good for starting out. When it came to shooting baskets, he shoots and makes it with granny shots. The coach was trying to tell him how to shoot the ball and he says " I know how. This is my way" He shot the granny shoot and made it, but she said now lets try it my way. She showed him hold the ball, but he was still liking his way. The next time he was up, she had him take more time to do it her way. He followed her instuctions, used the handprints on the ball to get the correct handplacement and hit the rim the first time and made it the second time. I think I'm going to enjoy basketball season. I know, so far, I'm liking the coach. She's been doing it for three years. We've been pretty lucky with coaches as we have ventured in to the world of youth sports.

5 comments:

  1. Our coach was horrible last season! It makes all the difference. This season is completely different, the boys are actually learning something! It's awesome! Good luck Logan and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basketball is so much fun to watch! And you never have to bundle up for the wind. Go Logan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm liking that coach too. Logan actually made a basket. That's great.

    ReplyDelete