Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Aurora's Ankle
Here's our story about Aurora. Yesterday morning she complains that her heel is itching. Like a good mom, I refuse to scratch it as we hustle out the door to get Logan to the bus stop and Aurora to school. After school, Aurora tells me that she needs a band-aid. I tell her ok, we'll get one when we get home. She wanted to ride in the stroller and once again I refused, saying she is big enough walk. She cried the last 1/4 mile home. Once arriving home, I check out her ankle, umm not good. I put a band-aid on the miniscule cut and put ice on it. Last night at 10, she starts throwing up (Darn I was just about to go to bed). It was extremely gross and my sympathetic puke button is pushed. Luckily it did not go off :) She was throwing up from 10 pm - 4 am. I was able to get an afternoon appointment and although I was concerned about the puking it was the ankle that made me want to be seen. The Dr. said it looked like a bug bite and that could have been why she got sick since everything else looked fine. She was running a slight fever, but that could be the body just fighting off an infection. He gave her two shots in the "hip" (ask James about shots in the hip) one a steroid and the other an antibiotic. We also have oral medications to give her for the next bit. She also has to stay home from school to rest it in an elevated position and ice it. I am glad that's all it seems to be, so I don't have to worry about Logan getting sick like that and having to give him shots and head to the ER. We will be following up with the Dr. on Friday and I will also be making an appointment to see about getting her allergy tested for bugs. She seems to be very sensitive as far as that goes. I'm looking forward to getting some sleep tonight since last night was a bust.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Poor baby! Jenna had an allergic reaction on Christmas Eve to an antibiotic. No throwing up but HIVES! Which I think might be worse! Get well soon A!
ReplyDeleteWow, sorry to hear that! Hope she gets better soon!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it hurts! Kaitlyn is allergic to mosquito's they've bit her on her ankle before and it looks like Auroa's. She gets to where she can't walk or wear shoes. Once she was bit on her cheek that was really bad and she had to have antibiotics. I hope she feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteOh that's too bad. I hope her ankle gets better. It's the small things we do't think about that can really do us harm. Hopefully this will be something she can outgrow.
ReplyDeleteUgh! So sorry to hear about that! Glad that she got to the docs though! Poor baby!! Sounds like a day for lots of movies and popcorn!
ReplyDeletePoor Aurora! I hope it heals quickly! My neighbor's daughter has allergic reactions to bug bites (not sure if it's just ants or all bugs, but I've seen her toe after ONE ant bit her, sheesh!), and I know they keep Benadryl on hand all the time. The second Tristan gets an ant bite, she's taking Benadryl orally and I think they have some cream as well. You might think about that for future occurences?
ReplyDelete