Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Vote Counted!!!

That is what my sticker said that I wore proudly yesterday.  I did the early voting they have offered here in Florida.  I was worried that there would be long lines.  Luckily though, they had plenty of space for all the people and I was done in about thirty minutes.  I had my baby J with me and he is a catnapper, so it worked out perfect for him as well.  I was so nervous going in.  I guess it is just the adrenaline pumping, but after I put my ballot in I felt so good.  What an awesome country we have.  I am proud to take on the responsibility and opportunity that I have to vote for the next president of our country.  
Hot Myspace Comments
John McCain, Republican MySpace Comments and Graphics

Yesterday evening after soccer this is part of our conversation from the car.

Me:  I voted today!
James: Good, you said you were going to.  Glad it worked out.
Logan: Where did you go vote?
Me: I went to the early voting location by Eglin to go vote.
Aurora: Mom, I don't want a row boat.  I want a big boat.  Row boats are too small.  I like the big boats that go fast.
Logan:  She said - Go Vote.  Vote is with a V not Boat with a B.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Logan is doing really well with his letters and spelling. And Aurora is doing well expressing herself. I'm getting ready to go vote today before going to LA for Grandpa's birthday. I hope its a short line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! I can't wait to vote! I double checked to make sure I had my voter card. I guess we have to have one of those here! I will be in line bright and early with the kids. They want to see the whole process. Thankfully they are off so we can get in and get voted!!

    That is too funny! Sounds like conversations at our house sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aurora is always a good one for a laugh. Sweet girl! I'm glad you voted. I should have thought to do an absentee ballot so I wouldn't have to wait with all my kiddos. I am going to try the 2 hours Kaden is in Kindergarten and see if I can get through the lines then. 2 kids will be much easier then 4!!
    VOTE people! We do have an important responsibility in this country. VOTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! That's great! We mailed in our absentee ballots (for TX) last week!! It felt so great to exercise my right to vote- everyone should do it! (and hopefully they will this year- and vote for MC CAIN-PALIN!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Glad you went out and voted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Belva, it's great to vote and it is such a rewarding experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this is very important. It is one of the rights and responsibilities as a citizen. This great country of ours was created by men and women who gave up many things to set into motion a country for the people. As its people we must do our part. Good for all of you who have voted. I got my vote in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Love the conversation! Good for you for voting! I voted during early voting too, short line and happy to have done my part!

    ReplyDelete