James took Logan to the Dr. today since it has been since Monday that he has been running a fever. The highest it was was 103.7. It would come down with Tylenol and Ibuprofen, but never was going away. He got a runny/stuffy nose and complained of a sore throat starting yesterday. We were able to get a referral off-base since there were no appt. available (otherwise I would have sent James to the ER with Logan.). The doctor was a very friendly type who had been doing it for a while. James said he reminded him of Santa Claus. He did good talking to Logan and getting the info on what was troubling Logan. Apparently, Logan has an ear infection in his right ear and tonsillitis. The tonsils run all the way down the throat to the top of the stomach so if they are inflamed or infected then that is what caused what caused Logan to throw up on Monday (That's how the Dr. explained it to James). Tonsils look ok now, so that is good. We have amoxicillian, singular, and nasacort to help kill the bacteria and help with the nose issues. He's been doing a lot of sleeping and with his stuffy nose, he snores up a storm :) I'll be glad when he is back up on his feet and feeling 100%. He'll miss school tomorrow also and if his fever is up on Sunday (Dr. said it may happen) then he'll stay home on Monday too.
I have to say I am so thankful that he does not get sick often (knock on wood). Last time I remember him having a fever was last summer related to his toothache. He stays healthy by eating a good variety of foods (the boy loves his veggies), lots of fresh air/exercise, and he takes vitamins too. I think that really helps.



Poor baby! My kids are coughing and sniffeling too. I need to up their vitamins and pray we have no sickness!
ReplyDeleteGet well soon Logan!
So sorry to hear Logan is sick! Hope he gets well soon!!!
ReplyDeletePoor Guy! I hope he's feeling better ASAP! Glad the tonsils cleared up quickly!
ReplyDeletePoor Guy I hope he gets feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteBless your bones sweet Logan! We love you and we are praying for you!!!! Feel better soon.
ReplyDeletePoor thing! I hope he is feeling better now! I hate when my kids are sick!
ReplyDelete