Fantasmic is a show with fireworks and a videos played on water which sprays up. We arrived and asked a cast member for assistance in seating. We had gotten a guest assistance pass the first day to help for Logan to cut down on lines and get appropriate seating. The first person we talked to showed us to the regular reserved seating at the back. Once there Paula, led us down to the front after we explained we needed to be as close as possible to get the best view. She took us down there, chatted with us for a bit, and then left. A little bit later she came back with a bag of stuff in it for the kids. She said that she made a special trip to get an autographed pictured from Mickey for Logan and also gave Tinker Bell pins which only cast members have to give out (they can't be found for sale). I started to have tears run down my cheeks because it was so sweet of her to take the extra time to do that and help us out. She gave me a hug and told me "Don't cry, Mom" and disappeared up the stairs. I don't think I will ever forget her.
Tower of Terror was a ride I have been waiting to go on. Logan also wanted to go because it's an elevator and he thinks elevators are fun. Aurora met the height requirement, so she joined us also, so it was a family affair. Now the ride is dark and we did this at night, so it was pretty dark. Logan was not a fan. It's funny because in the group pics that they take the right side of the car most of the folks have their hands up. I was holding on to Aurora and laughing, cause it was so much fun and James is trying to point something out to Logan, so he's not completely freaking out. Aurora somehow ended up horizontal in our laps during the ride (another reason why I was laughing). Once off the rode, they both stated very clearly that they did not like it! We did get them to go on it one more time another day to ride it during the daylight to see if they would like it better. The answer to that one - still NO!!
Mission to Mars was one that I rode with Logan. It is a space stimulator of a trip to Mars. We went on the green one, so there was no turning over or other things of that nature. Logan and I were the only ones in the stimulator, so he was the pilot and I think I was the engineer. Logan could barely reach the buttons and controls. During the ride you "take off" to go on your mission to Mars, Logan was not happy and starting to say "I don't want to go to Mars. Let's go back to Earth." Then it's our turn to take control "What do we do mom, what do we do" I told him to just push the buttons. As we landed on Mars, Logan is very panicked and says "I want to go back to Earth. I don't want to be here". Luckily the ride ended and surprise we were still on Earth. Logan said "oh" as I told him we were still on earth. Needless to say, Logan did not ride again.
Riverboat was nice to take a little ride on and see various parts of the park (around the circle anyway) plus we got to ride up with the captain. James just happened to ask if it was okay to say hello to the captain and the guy he asked was the captain. The kids got the best view and became official captains of the riverboat good for one year. Just goes to show it never hurts to ask.
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party was a lot of fun for the kids to get dressed up and go trick or treating in Magic Kingdom. We saw the parade. Logan waved at everyone, but when the villains came by, he stopped. I told him to wave and he looked at me very seriously and said "No, mom. Those are the bad guys" We were able to take pictures with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (or Goblins as Aurora called them) along with a few others. We saw a couple dressed as Juno and her boyfriend, and they were too cute not to get a picture of them with the kids.
Turtle Talk with Crush was fun because Crush talked to Logan. It was an interactive show. When Crush asked if there were any questions, Logan raised his hand. Crush choose the "little guy with the googles". Logan asked "how do you surf a board" . Crush said well you got to swim a little like this and moved his flippers and then you get up on the board. Crush asked Logan if he could swim and Logan said "No, I need more practice". Crush said "Totally dude. Practice makes perfect".
Logan was really good about participating in anything. He got up to dance with JoJo and Goliath, asked Crush a question, said the Pledge of Allegiance with the fife and drum band in American experience at Epcot, celebrated with Winnie the Pooh around the Crystal Palance and with Chef Mickey at the Contemporary Resort, and played red light green light before the parade on Main Street. I'm so glad he's not shy and wants to join in all the fun.
Test Track was the favorite for the kids. Logan loved it (as we thought he would) and Aurora surprised us by it being one of her favorites too. We honestly didn't think she would like it because of the speed. We went on that ride a lot! On one ride, they were trying to get lots of folks through, so we had to share our car. Not that that's a bad thing, but in the pic we all look so bored sitting there with our hands at our sides. so I told James we need to stage the next one and all look scared. He asked where the camera was and I said, that I had seen a flash go off on the right before you "hit the wall". So next ride we try to stage our pic, but failed miserably. For one thing, the camera is to the left, so we were all looking the wrong way. The other thing is that is was before we were ready. My hands were mid-rise, so I look like a zombie in MJ's "Thiller" video. I laughed so hard once we saw that! Of course we had to go again. This time we are ready (camera is on the left) and we had our hands up and screams going perfectly. We sat the two kids up front and James and I were in back. It is the best picture. We are going to have to buy that one from the Disney PhotoPass.
The Disney Dining Pass is a great way to buy your food. We went ahead with the plan where you get one sit down meal, one quick service, and one snack per day per person. We had all the character meals we wanted including some that are harder to get like Chef Mickey and Cinderella's Royal Table. It was well worth the money and because we thought we would use them too quick, so we saved up some for the end and had the kids share some of their quick service meals. On our last day, we used up the rest of our snack allotments and had plenty of food and drink for the ride home.
It was a fun week and we cant wait to go back. Aurora has said "Can we go back to Disney this Saturday?" and "We didn't stay in our Disney hotel long enough. We need to be there for 100 days." So till next time...
Test Track was the favorite for the kids. Logan loved it (as we thought he would) and Aurora surprised us by it being one of her favorites too. We honestly didn't think she would like it because of the speed. We went on that ride a lot! On one ride, they were trying to get lots of folks through, so we had to share our car. Not that that's a bad thing, but in the pic we all look so bored sitting there with our hands at our sides. so I told James we need to stage the next one and all look scared. He asked where the camera was and I said, that I had seen a flash go off on the right before you "hit the wall". So next ride we try to stage our pic, but failed miserably. For one thing, the camera is to the left, so we were all looking the wrong way. The other thing is that is was before we were ready. My hands were mid-rise, so I look like a zombie in MJ's "Thiller" video. I laughed so hard once we saw that! Of course we had to go again. This time we are ready (camera is on the left) and we had our hands up and screams going perfectly. We sat the two kids up front and James and I were in back. It is the best picture. We are going to have to buy that one from the Disney PhotoPass.
The Disney Dining Pass is a great way to buy your food. We went ahead with the plan where you get one sit down meal, one quick service, and one snack per day per person. We had all the character meals we wanted including some that are harder to get like Chef Mickey and Cinderella's Royal Table. It was well worth the money and because we thought we would use them too quick, so we saved up some for the end and had the kids share some of their quick service meals. On our last day, we used up the rest of our snack allotments and had plenty of food and drink for the ride home.
It was a fun week and we cant wait to go back. Aurora has said "Can we go back to Disney this Saturday?" and "We didn't stay in our Disney hotel long enough. We need to be there for 100 days." So till next time...



What an awesome trip!!
ReplyDeleteCould those pics have been any cuter? I think not! Thanks for sharing all of them, they were perfect! :) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou can tell you are having a blast in all of the pics; they are great!! I like the way you arranged them- I am going to have to start doing that, it is a smart way to post a bunch of pics without taking up tons of room! Glad you had such a great family vacation! :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a ton of fun!!!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL pics!! Thnks for taking the time to post them all!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Looks like you guys 'met' just about everyone! What great pics! And what a great time it looks like you had! FUN!
ReplyDeleteIts so fun to read about your trip and see the pictures. Good for Logan for participating.
ReplyDelete