Monday, October 20, 2008

I've been Tagged!

youvebeentagged_thumb4.jpg



Heather has tagged me, so I will give it my best shot to go over random/weird facts you may or may not know about me.


  1. When I was little my mom would be the one to tell stories to help me go to sleep and my dad would be the one to read me to sleep.  Mom would make up wonderful stories the most memorable being one about fairies coming out of a tapestry.  Of course, I have no idea how it ended because I fell asleep.  Dad would read out of a red book (can't remember the name of it), my favorite ones out of there would either be the witch women or the lady in lavender.  
  2. I CAN NOT sleep the closet door open.  I have a fear of the monster in the closet that has never left from childhood.  It drives me crazy that Logan opens his closet door and turns the light on after I have closed it at night.  Even though I don't like the monster in the closet, that is my safe place whenever I am really upset and need to have time to my self.  It doesn't work as well now because they all know where to find me.  Side note - One night James and I were disagreeing about something in bed and his way to get at me was to get out of bed and open that darn closet door.  Well, I huffed and puffed and he gave in after laughing at my pitifulness and closed the closet door.
  3. I have been told more than once and gotten double-takes because I bear a resemblance to Cameron Diaz.  The most memorable time is when I was delivering (legs in stirrups and pushing) Aurora, the nurse asked if I had ever been told that I look like Cameron Diaz.  The most recent time was a couple of months ago at Home Depot.
  4. I have a love/hate relationship with cooking.  I love to try new recipes and new foods.  But if I'm hungry and get my mind set on the easy way out (fast food) and then I have to cook - I am not a happy camper.  
  5. I am not a baseball fan.  I have this fear of getting hit in the head by a foul ball or line drive.  I have to watch the whole game, eyes intent on the ball.  If the game is on tv, I just can not get into it when I can watch all the highlights on ESPN and it's more exciting. At least with it on TV, I can enjoy the munchies and drinks and the company.
  6. I get emotional with reality shows.  When James was deployed (maybe that had a little something to do with it), I would cry at most anything - The Biggest Loser, Dancing with The Stars, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, etc.  I don't watch quite as many right now, just Dancing with the Stars, America's Next Top Model, and American Idol when it returns.  Some tears rolled down my cheek as I caught up on Dancing and saw that Misty May Traineur is done with Dancing.  Hopefully, she be back in action on the volleyball court when the time comes for that - thank goodness she planned already to take some time off.
  7. I have a worst case scenario imagination.  I will drive over a bridge and go through the steps in what I should do if an accident should occur.  If it's over water, then of course you would roll up the windows to help slow the water coming into the car.  I still haven't determined if it is better to take off the seat belt or leave it on.  I wouldn't want to get stuck and unable to unbuckle it, but if you unbuckle too soon, then it could be totally pointless if you get my drift.
  8. I'm going to add an eighth one, just because.  I love dolphins, butterflies, and fairies.  When we drive over bridges here, I have James go to the side nearest the water so I can look for dolphins.  We just saw some yesterday on a trip to Destin.  I have butterflies on a glass tree.  It is extremely precious to me.  James bought it just because I admired it on day in Cloudcroft.  The person who made it is no longer alive, so another one wouldn't be that easy to get.  I love fairies and have a variety of fairy figurines and books.  Some of them could be used by the kids, but I can't bring myself to let them because I don't want them messed up.  I guess I'll just have to get them their own if they want it.
I will tag Jesse, Lila Cathleen, Christy, Kelly, Michele, and double tag for Karen and Mel :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I believe that I knew all of that about you already. I love to hear you talk about and explain it all. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL RIGHT, I'll get to it!!!

    I like all the info! Some I knew, lots I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my mom told me I had keep the closet doors closed because you know why. Maybe her mother started it. by the way, I love closets too (in the day time)They can put their arms around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #1, that is such a sweet memory!
    #2 I 'sorta' agree with...not my bedroom, but Riley's. We'll see if he inherits this! lol
    #3 is fun! I've often thought Mel reminded me of Cameron Diaz! She's a beauty, defiitely a compliment.
    #4 & #6 I have to COMPLETELY AGREE WITH! Thanks for adding those!
    I also share #7 a bit, but luckily I don't drive over water very often, that's when it really hits.
    Thanks for playing along! :-)

    ReplyDelete