Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quietly Busy

So I've been thinking, what have we been up to lately?  My first answer was nothing much has been going on.  Then I realized, wait things have been going on. 

I started up daycare again.  Currently, I just have one.  He is six months old.  They actually followed me over from Eglin, so it's nice to already know him and his personality.  I have been doing interviews, but right now it's slow going.  I know that my time to close, has made it difficult for people to decide to come to my care, but with Logan's activities and having to be there at five, I can't justify changing it.  Family first!

I signed Logan up for scouts.  He will be a tiger cub.  He is very excited about that.  I actually need to call someone because I didn't realize I could go through the church instead of the school and I think we migh
t prefer that.  First fundraiser is popcorn, so just in case anyone is interested...
James helped coach Logan's team on Thursday, since I coaches had a game with the older team that night.  He did a great job and the kids listened great.  It was fun to se
e him take on the role of a coach instead of the parent.  You have to adjust your expectations with other people's kids and learn how to talk with them to get them to understand.  
After soccer practice, we headed to the pumpkin patch to pick up some pumpkins.  Since it was in the evening all the hayrides and games were closed, but we had a lot of fun just looking for the perfect pumpkin.  We all ended up getting our own since everyone had different ideas of what is the perfect pumpkin for a jack-o-lantern.  We will also have a carving contest (design contest) to see who has the most awesome pumpkin.  The kids can't wait.  By the way, James picked out the ugliest pumpkin.  It has all sorts of bumps all over it!  Definitely not my idea of what a carving pumpkin should look like.
Friday night was fall festival at school.  Logan was very excited to go, but chose not to dress up.  He wanted to be Jedi (the dog costume) from last year, but that needs to be repaired.  We went and did the cake walk and with a 40% chance to win - we took home a carrot cake.  Logan's teacher was jealous since she had already been up there at least three times with no luck.  The kids did the run through of the bouncy obstacle course and that is where most of our time and tickets were spent.  They had so much fun and Aurora although hesitant at first couldn't wait to race through it again and again.  We finished our time with a hay ride before heading over to Taco Town for dinner.  Logan had several kids flag him down and say hi.  They were so cute as they would say hi Logan and then run and get up close so he would know who they were.  Just made me feel good.
Saturday, we went to Logan's soccer game on Saturday morning.  Logan continues to get better every week.  It is fun to cheer him on and his team.  Logan also took a ball to the face on a goal kick.  He did not want to come out and kept on playing.  I tell you my stomach was in my throat, but no bumps, blood, or bruises - so let the game continue!  


The rest of Saturday and Sunday I laid in bed resting because I could feel a cold coming on.  I do not want or need one.  I felt better on Monday, so that was good because it was time to get on my crown at the dentist.

Monday, James took the day off since both of the kids were out of school for teacher workday.  I had a parent-teacher conference with Aurora's teachers (she's doing awesome!) before heading to the dentist.  After that we headed to Destin to get some new shoes for Logan.  On our way home, we stopped at Wal-Mart.  Logan ended up getting sick (and I mean sick!) so we headed home after we got it all cleaned up.  One of the workers said Thank you for letting them know so they could clean it up.  That made me think, are there people that would just leave and not clean up?  Sad if that is the case.

Once at home, Logan was running a fever, but luckily everything was staying down.  We called his Dr. to check on if we would have to give a shot or not.  She said to try to give meds orally first and if they don't stay down, call back, give the shot, and possibly head to the ER.  Luckily no shots were needed.  We had Logan undress down to his underwear to help cool him down.  At first he didn't want to.  James told him, if he doesn't we may have to go to the ER where they can help reduce the fever and he'd quite possibly have to have a shot.  Logan said Ok, as long as it's a baby needle.  Seriously, this is Logan that we are talking about.  The boy must be real sick if he is willing to get a shot.  James told him it may not be a baby needle, so Logan relented and the clothes came off.  I went to bed first and James stayed up with him to make sure the fever would go down and keep giving him fluids.  Thank goodness for husbands.  Logan has been home today resting with a little bit of a fever.  Hopefully, this will pass quickly and no one else will get sick.  

Wow, sometimes it amazes me with all that goes on, even though it doesn't seem like much is happening.  On to the start of a new week - wonder what this one will bring? :)


6 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is a lot going on! I hope Logan feels better quickly! I do a double take at all your pics of the kiddos, they are just so grown up. How are we going to handle this?? They'll be in high school next week it seems! Kisses to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I wish we could all skip being sick! I hate that! I always feel so bad for my kiddos when they are sick. Glad everyone is getting to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how busy you stay with the kids activities and normal household things?? I feel crazy with both kids in soccer!! I will be glad when the season is over!

    We have our fall festival this weekend, actually 2, one on Friday and one on Saturday!! WHEW!!

    I'm glad everyone is feeling better! I am praying for no sickness here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You all have been very busy! We sold our popcorn with cub scouts... isn't it expensive popcorn! Logan will enjoy being a tiger cub I'm sure, Adam loves it! We saw a pumpkin with those bumps on it at our pumpkin patch and Adam said, "EWWW that pumpkin has warts!". Enjoy fall and hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, some weeks I look forward to not doing too much and then it turns out we have something every day! Glad to hear the soccer is going well and all the fall activities sound like fun for everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone has been so busy lately! The pumpkins look great! I think James chose one with pesonality! lol The Fall Festival looks like a blast too, we have ours tommorrow, can't wait! Logan looks like he's getting older, and so glad to hear he's doing well in soccer! How fun! Bet he'll love scouts too! Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete