Saturday, October 04, 2008

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E

Florida State, Florida State, Florida State! Woooh!!
We had a wonderful time at the game.  It, of course, would have been better if we had won.  The Defenses had a great time with interceptions and fumbles and the kickers kept their jobs :P  
Before the game we were able to check out the Waterford Crystal football for the National title and a Heissmann trophy before they closed up there.  The sod cemetery was also fun to see.  It is where they "lay" sod to "rest" after a big game that they have won on the road.  It had dates back to the 1960's.  Logan was very concerned and needed a little extra explanation on that it was not a real cemetery.
Julie showed us around the campus and both her and Jeff told us about the many changes that have taken place on the campus.  We learned a lot of interesting history about "The Unconquered".  
We not only enjoyed the game, but also the band.  I think I got more pictures of the band than the game.  It's easier to take pictures when you aren't jumping up and down and cheering :)
Aurora and Logan enjoyed the game in their different ways.  Aurora wouldn't let me clap, but if I didn't get my hand up to do the "Tomahawk chop", then she would nudge my hand till I did it.  Logan clapped and cheered, but as the evening wore on he said "This is the worst night ever.  When is the game going to be over."  Of course, on our way back through Tallahassee, he asked if we were going to stop and watch a game.  I guess the night wasn't that bad if he's ready to go back.
I LOVE the energy that you get from a stadium full of fans cheering.  It is something everyone should experience.  It's even fun to go to college games and root for the other team (remember way back when we would go to the BYU vs. UNM games Dad!  Too fun!)  I hope that we will have the opportunity to go again.
By the way, James did wear Garnet and Gold to show support for "my" school :)
Let me hear you now..."oh, oh, oh..."

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Being the band nerd that I am I always take more pics of the band than I do the players! Now I take pics of the cheerleaders for Jenna!

    I love going to Auburn games! Maybe one of these days I'll be able to hit up a Troy game too! AHH Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pics. Sorry the game wasn't 'better' for you. Your kids are so beautiful! Can't wait to see you guys again! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a blast!!! I love going to college football games! There is nothing quite like them. You all look great in your FSU gear, glad James got in the spirit too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAN! I miss the games! I didn't go to as many as I wish I had when I was in college, and I certainly hope I have the opportunity to go as an alumni sometime soon! Love all the tradition and comradary!

    ReplyDelete