James and I were most stressed about our final out of our other house. We had painted all the rooms different colors. Some of them were much harder to cover than others. Both of us resisted asking if it was covered good enough to avoid him saying "no". James did all the outside work and got that area looking good. I worked on the inside. The oven was my evil nemesis. I have never cleaned so hard in my life and still I could not get some baked on food out of the oven. I think the guy took pity on me as I looked disheveled and said I had already cleaned the oven three times. James felt great relief after we signed the papers and drove away, I was just too darn tired to feel much of anything. Also the prospect of the putting this house in order was looming over my head. Our garage is so full. We used plastic bins to move things along with ever trusty black bags. Take my advice, somehow be more prepare. Pack much better than we did. Two things I learned on this move
- I could never be a mover. It is a lot of hard work. I broke three nails, cut my ankle, my hands and feet are needing some definite work to restore them to their softness, and I have a big mystery bruise on my calf. James and I both focused on used the proper lifting technique so our backs are fine.
- The packers job is worse than the movers. Lifting sofas, beds, dressers, etc. is cake compared to packing all the little things, collectibles, dishes, and all those odds and ends. And I am not joking when I say there are a ton of odds and ends. Just stuff. All that stuff is what I am not looking forward to.
Right now, I lack all motivation to get the house in order. The kitchen and living room are looking nice. I just avoid going anywhere else otherwise I feel a sense of dread come over me as I don't even know where to begin. I am trying to get the laundry/utility room and our room in some type of order before James comes home from work today. Maybe if I get those done, then I will feel slightly accomplished and not so overwhelmed. We will have to start on the garage tomorrow. I know James would really like to be able to put his car in there. I guess we shall see. Plus, of course, I have a project due this weekend. I'm about 1/3 of the way done and that seems to be overwhelming too. At least, class will be done August 10 and I will have a couple weeks off before the next semester starts. I am already looking forward to December.



Props to y'all for getting everything moved so quickly and getting all the painting and cleaning done!! Don't stress too much about the new house- just take it a little bit at a time and it will all get done!! :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're in! I hope our move is just as easy!! Take it easy, it will get done, eventually!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting in your new house... and good luck getting it set up the way you want it!
ReplyDeleteTry moving and being 8 months pregnant (so glad that will never happen again) I feel your pain packing up and moving everything yourself is never any fun. Good Luck getting the house put together!!!
ReplyDeleteOne day at a time, one room at a time... Moving is very stressful and know you still have tomorrow, and the next day and the next day to get it done.
ReplyDelete