Friday, August 29, 2008

Week in Review

It has been a busy and hectic week.  Aurora started her school and Monday.  She was so excited to go, but she completely withdraws once she hits those classroom doors.  That is the exact reason why she needs to go, so she will be prepared for Kindergarten socially.  She has been getting better over this first week of school, being very quiet as the day starts, but starting to participate more as the day goes on.  On Monday, after school I asked her if she had fun and what her favorite thing to do was.  She said yes she had fun and her favorite thing to do was "watch the other kids play." 
They had a fire drill on Thursday and when they did roll call, Aurora wouldn't answer.  The other kids answered for her and said "She doesn't talk".  Ms. Erika, her teacher, corrected them and said "Yes, she does".  Right now, she talks just to her teachers :)  Today, she came home singing a song "Peanut Butter, Jelly" and did all the little hand motions.  It was super cute!  At least I know she's listening, even if she's not talking!
I had inspections on Thursday to get relicensed here to start up Family Child Care again.  It was a lot of work to get all sorts of little things down.  I tend to stress out even though I've done this before.  I was up till 2 in the morning, just trying to try and make it so I felt more prepared.  Things went pretty good, only things that needed to be fixed all happen to be outside items.  They are all pretty easy fixes.  So I'm sure this weekend that will be accomplished.
Thursday night we went to a retirement dinner for a friend of ours.  We have been following each other around for the past eight years (Korea, Tinker, and now here).  This was their third going away that we have been to for each other.  Their retirement ceremony was today and it was nice.  Aurora snored through it, but luckily no one else could hear her.  
Today while we at the retirement ceremony they put on the hurricane covers on the windows.  Makes me not a happy camper.  Plus, the fact that Logan is having a great time talking about all the things that hurricanes can do, blow down houses, brings lots of rain, etc.  He's already talked about evacuating and where we would go.  He did give Aurora and I permission to hide.  We have been keeping an eye on Gustav to see how much it will or will not effect us.  The wing commander has been sending out emails to make sure that everyone is prepared if the need arises for us to leave.  We saw them today at the retirement ceremony  and chatted for a bit about us moving and hoping the hurricane blows more to the west.  Not that I would ever wish something on someone else...but I think you understand what I mean.

Aurora walking to school on the walking bridge
Smiling with her Hello Kitty backpack
Outside looking in...hopefully, she will be ready to join the group in the weeks to come

Goofing around after school as I go through old costumes


3 comments:

  1. Sweet pics. I think Aurora will do just fine! And I am sure your childcare will fill up quickly! You're awesome. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Pre-K will be perfect for Aurora- she will learn and grow so much and be ready for kindergarten when it is time! Both my Girls go back to school this week! We are getting everything ready for their first days!! Fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about Aurora, she will adjust and be just fine! It will be good for her!! Enjoy the time! She is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete