08/08/08 marks the start of the Summer Olympics in Bejing and my third coolest birthday (by numbers anyway - first being 8/8/77, the second being 8/8/88).The Olympics are such an awesome thing to watch to just feel the emotions. Guaranteed you will see tears in my eyes several times as I watch the Olympics. I teared up seeing the first gold medal go to a Chinese girl who lifted 115kg to win. She herself weighed less than half that if she was lucky. I cheered so loud for Michael Phelps and cried as he got his first medal and was so loving it and cheering loudly as the relay team came from behind to help Phelps get his second in his quest for eight gold medals. I loved it last night watching the Men's Gymnastics team get on the medal stand when no one had given them a second thought since the Hamm twins had to withdrawal and they had two alternates on the team. Looking forward to the Women's Gymanstics team go for their chance at the gold tonight. I can't wait to see what will happen as the Olympics continue. Can you tell I'm loving this?!?!! I have great memories of the Olympics growing up (I so wanted to be Mary Lou Retton, but I think I was taller than her by the time I was six). I hope Logan and Aurora appreciate it as much as I do.
Did you see the awesome opening ceremonies? I, of course, think it was all for my birthday :) I loved watching them do the drums, Tai Chi and the guys in green. Okay, so maybe the guys in green were loved because Logan loved it :) It was all AMAZING!



For my birthday, the kids and James made a fabulous grilled meal of BBQ chicken, grilled pineapple, grilled corn on the cob, pork and beans, and a Black Forest Cake. Serious Yum! I definitely won the gold on eating everything and having seconds :) The kids and James gave me an awesome purple coach purse and matching wallet. It is wonderful. (Cathleen, Logan called it pink. I told him he shouldn't be listening to you:) ) Thanks to all for the wonderful cards, gifts, phone calls, and birthday wishes. I think birthdays are the best!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (a little late! ;-) It sounds like you had a wonderful day! A yummy dinner with your family is the best way to celebrate! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat Olympic pics, I really need to watch some of them. I don't know why I just haven't watched any of them this year!?!?!
Happy Birthday! Your dinner did look wonderful, wish I could have shared in it! I am LOVING the Olympics too--could you hear me screaming last night?? I was so excited I thought I was going to wake up my kiddos. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! Love you too :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Your looking GREAT, as usual! We love the Olypmics too. I still want to be like Mary Lou Retton!
ReplyDeleteWe are loving watching the olympics too. Your meal looks yummy we love grilled pinnapple too do you sprinkle brown sugar on it before you grill it if you don't you have to try it. Looks like you had a great birthday.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a great bday! I was thinking about you!!
ReplyDeleteI am loving the Olympics!! We are watching it every night!!
I love Aurora's hair!!
Belva,
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a great time! I didn't realize that you had and 8/8 birthday! That's cool! Have a great year!!!!
Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like it was a very special day with your family and with the start of the Olympics, definitely a birthday to remember!
ReplyDelete