Pictures will be following as we get the painting completed...Just something for you to look forward to :)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Which Color?
Choosing colors to paint in can be really easy or really hard. This time around we have had a most difficult time deciding what color to paint the living room. We both felt we wanted a more subtle shade of color then we currently have in our house. While it is fun to have blue and red in our living room and it gets people's attention, we need something less bold. James and I debated between several colors and decided it would be between a blue shade (glacier bay) and a green shade (hint of mint). To figure out which would work, we even bought the samples and painted them on the wall and let it dry over night. We went with a different color than both of these because they were almost like an off-white. Truly not worth putting in all the labor if the color hardly shows up. James had picked another shade of green (green shimmer). It gave us what we were both looking for. We also picked colors for the kid's bathroom (marmalade-shade of orange), our room (lilac tan - light purplish brown) and the other room (yellow brick road - shade of yellow). The yellow brick road was obviously meant to be because I was doing ordering some paint while James continued to look at sample cards. I came back over and he asked what color I felt we needed for the guest/other room. I looked and picked out the yellow brick road. He asked if I had been watching him because that was the one he felt would be best for the room. What can I say, great minds think a like or we're on the same wavelength having been together so long :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Can't wait to see the paint! Mel's living room is a lovely sage-ish color of green that she bought because it's name was RESTFUL. Happy painting! :)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about painting. We painted our family room two shades of green and we love it. We bought the color restful for our bedroom we just have to find time to do it. Have fun painting:)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pics. Don't forget your before's and after's. Good luck getting it done without getting stressed!
ReplyDeleteI can't to actually have a house where I can paint!! Good luck! I can't wait to see the colors!!
ReplyDeleteThe colors sound pretty! Ben always wants to paint our rooms different colors like blues and greens but I chicken out in the end! I see colors in other people's houses and it always looks so good but I am just not that brave! We did put a medium brownish color in our guest room and I love it. Good luck with everything and I'll look forward to the pics! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt is fun to play around with color! I want to know what brand of paint 'Restful' and 'Green Shimmer' are, I'd love to look at those for our bedroom! We have SOOO many rooms to paint...kudos to you for getting around to it! Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDelete