Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big Birthday Boy

My birthday boys and the hulk at the theatre after seeing "Get Smart"

Logan was not the only one to celebrate a birthday this past week.  James also celebrated his.  We had two days of fun combing fun activities that all would enjoy.  We saw the movie "Get Smart" on Saturday.  It was funny.  I don't think I have ever seen the original series, so I couldn't compare.  I liked it much better than the "Pink Panther" with Steve Martin.  We then headed out to find a German restaurant in the area.  It's been awhile since we've had good German food, so we had high hopes.  It was good, but I love the Royal Bavarian in OKC much better.
On James's actual birthday we woke him with hugs, kisses, and the sweet sounds of children singing "Happy Birthday".  His present was Rock Band (yes, we have joined in the craze) which he had gotten a week previous.  I was going to wrap the box (with nothing inside) as a photo op, but couldn't find the wrapping paper.  James is a good sport, so he didn't mind.  We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch and then steak for dinner.  That night we played RB with Mike and Jesse.  It's pretty cool to be able to play together even when you are in a different state.  Of course, I say that because I enjoy this game as does Jesse.  

5 comments:

  1. Rock Band is awesome though I am INSANELY exicted about the Guitar Hero AEROSMITH that is coming out this weekend!!!! I can watch, listen, and rock with Steven ALL NIGHT LONG! SWEET!!!!!!!
    (Happy Birthday again boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they both had good birthdays! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- I meant to say- that's AWESOME that you joined the Rock Band revolution! It is the BEST (well and Sing Star- LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROCK BAND RULES!!! And so does Aerosmith Guitar Hero, by the way!!! Glad to hear you guys like it as well!
    Also happy to hear birthdays went well! We've actually eaten at Royal Bavarian...I'm not big on German food, but Chris loved it!

    ReplyDelete