Monday, June 30, 2008

"Rainy days and Mondays"

"Always get me down" (as sung by the Carpenters).  FYI - I'm not really "down".  That song just fits today.  I do love The Carpenters.

It's a rainy day today.  Perfect for cuddling up with a blanket, book and a cup of tea.  I didn't have the tea, but I did enjoy reading a book and cuddling under a blanket during nap time. 

Things have been fairly mellow around here.  On Saturday, I woke up with a ton of energy, so I worked out before the kids came out of their room.  Logan came out and asked if we could go for a bike ride "because you look so good in your workout clothes".  Who am I to say no to that?  Of course, now I'm sore from working out pretty hard and biking for over 2 hours.  Both kids rode in the trailer, so that's a bit over 80 pounds I tow behind me.  I have yet to bike even half-way up the "running hill" (as Logan calls it) much less the whole thing, but I do get a ton of encouragement from my passengers.  
"you're almost to the top, you can ride the last little bit".  I was worn out once we got home, but was able to get the house cleaned up before picking up James from his most recent TDY.

I am hoping this week will be fairly relaxing and am already looking forward to a four day weekend.  No set plans yet, except to BBQ some ribs.








Here's James and Logan with Logan on his  "hitchhiker" when we go for family rides.

6 comments:

  1. We should bike ride more but Jenna is so determined to ride her own bike! So that limits where we can go. Pretty much up the street and back!!

    You do look great in your workout clothes!!

    Have a great 4th and enjoy your ribs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rainy days too- I feel like I can laze around and not feel guilty! ;-)
    I also LOVE family bike rides- so much fun!!! What a sweet compliment from Logan!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to some family bike rides...as I think Santa might be bringing Riley's first bike this Christmas. We really should invest in one of those trailers though, I've been thinking about it for awhile now! You may have convinced me!
    What an adorable comment from Logan! He really knows how to work a crowd, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. I love to go riding and would go more often if I had sweet kids around like that. Watch out for that summer sun. Wear sun screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bike ride looks like fun, the trailer must be an extra workout though!!! Logan made such a cute comment, who wouldn't melt to that! Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that your getting out there "towing" them! Yes, you do look great in your workout clothes!

    ReplyDelete