Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bunco

BuncoI had the best time on Monday night playing Bunco with the gals from the neighborhood. It has been over two years since I have played and I missed it!! I was talking to a friend of mine and she had mentioned they had a bunco group, so I told her I liked to play. She put my name on their sub list and then later on called to see if I would be able to make it. It all worked out, so I could go. They are a very organized group with permanent members, a sub list, and the schedule with who will be hosting the next month (done for several months in advance). The had prizes for the big winner, the big loser, and most buncos. They also had a door prize for those that didn't win and lucky me I got that! They have a couple gals that are permanent members that are PCSing, so I mentioned I would like to take one if someone else isn't already in line :) or at least sub again :) I am hoping this will help me get out of my shell more, so I have have more of a network here. I am such a homebody and I know that our Bunco group in OK really helped.

3 comments:

  1. YAY for bunco!!! :-) Glad to hear that you found a fun group and you're playing again! I just started playing in the fall- I had missed it too! It is always such a blast and a great way to make some fun friends!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED playing bunco in OK. I tried to play in AK but just didn't get into it! I'm glad you have found a group of chicks to hang out with once in awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have played Bunco twice, but the first time was at Karen's house in OK and that was the one and only time that I actually met you! lol Jenna was just born, and you were pregnant with Aurora! Anyways, just thinking about that now that you mentioned Bunco. I LOVE it and REALLY want to get a group together next fall. I, too, am a homebody and I think having a Bunco group would certainly help me at least get out of the house (without hubby or kid especially) one night a week! Glad you found a group!

    ReplyDelete