Baseball season is here and Logan is starting practice. He is super excited, while I am a nervous wreck (don't worry I hide it well!) His first practice was yesterday, so we gathered up the his glove and headed to practice. We were late (unfortunately, not unusual for us), so Logan joined the group as they were beginning to throw and catch. The coaches gave the kids some pointers and Logan took them to heart. He would stomp out that opposite foot as he threw with his right hand. We'll be working on that at home :) Then they went on to do some fielding with the ball.
It went ok, another thing to practice at home :) Logan did well with the coach throwing the ground balls, but would shy away when it was a pop up throw. I flinched and took a step back too. Once you've been hit with a ball, it is hard not to (in my opinion--that softball hurt! Remember that mom?) Hitting was up next and we had Logan try it batting left. We'll have to see if that will be the way to go or not--another thing to work on at home :)
Oh, almost forgot to mention (you'll love this Jesse ~note the sarcastic tone) his team name is the Cubs!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Fun pics! Practice at home is always fun. Well, at least Kelly will be happy with the team name! Have fun Logan!
ReplyDeleteAH yes we have started tball too! Jeff is actually coaching this year! Our team is the Jets!! Jackson is enjoying it so far!! We bought some really neat stuff to help Jackson and Jenna not be afraid of the ball! I'll tell you all about it when you call!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great that he's playing baseball!! What fun! I have GOT to look into sports for my Girls, they want to play soccer and maybe t-ball too! :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are enjoying baseball. It's only soccer season for us. Tball doesn't start until the kids are out of school for the summer!
ReplyDeleteOh boy! Sports! WHY did I have a boy! LOL
ReplyDeleteThe pics are great and sounds like it will be fun to practic at home. I hope he has a wonderful season, and gets through it safely!
Look how cute he looks in the gear! Well, we start t-ball next week- you gave great tips on what we need to work on...
ReplyDelete