I have to say right now, I am worse than a pregnant woman with all those hormones following through your body. I have days that are great and then others than I have to force myself out of bed.
Last Saturday was a great day. I took the kids to Give Parents a Break (free child care for four hours), went got my hair done, went tanning, grabbed a sandwhich, and picked up some new makeup at the BX. The kids were in the best mood when it was time to pick them up. They had a great time and were reluctant to go home. We went home, did some chores around the house, played games, and then made popcorn in the pot and watched the Miss America pagent. A fun day.
Sunday I woke up feeling horrible. No motivation at all. Barely rolled out of bed. I did homework only because procrastination is one thing that I am really good at, so it had to be turned in on Sunday. I finished my homework before three, so apparently my skills at procrastination are starting to slack :) I stayed in my jammies all day as did Logan. Only Aurora got dressed. I watched reruns of America's next top model. All in all pretty pitiful. I am glad my kids are self-sufficient enough at their young age and can put up with my moods. They hung out in their room most of the day playing with their toys, eating, and watching TV. It's obvious that they were giving me my space. I didn't want to be with me, so why should they. I did find out later (Monday) that President Hinkley (the president of our church) had passed away. Maybe that explains why when I let Jedi outside that night, I just started to cry when I looked up at the beautiful stars in the sky.
Monday was a good day for the most part. Just a little hard. It started off rough because I had a headache and disagreeable children. I heard the news about Pres. Hinkley, so I was tearing up thinking about that. I had the wonderful opportunity when I was younger to shake his hand after listening to him talk. One could just feel loved in his presence. Anyway...that afternoon was better. I got the kids out the door after the other kids had left to run some errands. After we completed what I needed to do, we stopped at a play area. I was starving and noticed a Korean resteraunt. We went there and had some great food. Almost as good as when we lived in Korea :) I was very proud of Logan for eating most everything that I put on his plate. some of it was a little bit spicy. Aurora tried most things, but ate mostly the sticky rice and bulgogi. After filling up and taking home leftovers (looking forward to dinner tonight and taking James there) we headed home. The kids got in jammies and in bed without too much protest. Aurora only came out once at nine to grab a drink of water because she was "so thirsty for water". I let her have a swallow and shooed her back to bed. I completed my homework/discussion board for the night, did my research on the issues to see who I will be voting for today, and climbed into bed. (Thanks Heather, by the way, for leading me to the motived moms website. While I am not perfect at following everything, checking off homework is one of the things I added on the list!)
Today has been an up/down day, but not as bad as they have been. I look forward to when James gets home because I don't think I will be riding the rollercoaster that I am currently on :) It has been harder the past two weeks then the whole other five months! Hard to explain, but it is so the truth. Luckily no one is around to see me go through my moments and the kids give me hugs, tell me they love me, and just deal with it.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I know how you feel, I had days like that last summer too. The fact that you are doing it and surviving is enough! Don't be too hard on yourself- you are allowed your down days! You are almost there- woo hoo! The last few weeks ARE the hardest! Kids hugs DO seem to make it all better though!!
ReplyDeleteThe passing of Hinkley is big news up here, apparently he was a wonderful man who inspired so many.
Hang in there! Know you can call anytime you need to. The end is truly hard. Some won't understand that but almost all of us who read your blog do. And your kiddos do too. You're wonderful Belva Jean and I love you so much! Talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are just TIRED and ready for it to be OVER!! HET HIM HOME!!! Down days are ok!! The kids understand when Mom needs to be left alone!
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers!
Love ya!
I hear you! I think the anticipation and excitment of FINALLY seeing your husband and what its going to be like and is everything going to be perfect and will he still fit in with our normal routine and how will the kids react...the list can go on. It is overwhelming, don't be down on your self for being down. Take some of those down days, YOU DESERVE THEM!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! Yes, ALL moms are allowed a few off days here and there! I'm sure your bright, shining star will make it all better when he arrives home!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I could help, I love that chore planner!