Monday, September 03, 2007

San Diego Wedding


We had the wonderful opportunity to come to San Digeo to see my baby sister, Lila Cathleen, get married. I can't even tell how excited I was to be able to be here for this special weekend. She is the last of the girls in my family to get married.
We left on Friday to head out. Logan loves to fly and reminds others aboard about the joys of being a child. He would "WooHoo" as we take off with a huge grin on his face. On the other side of me is Auora who braces herself and holds my hand :) Can you guess who is not a fan of rollercoasters?
Upon arrival we are picked up by LC and Spencer (her finance). What a cute couple they make! We meet more of my family and part of Spencer's family to prepare to check into base and stay at the Naval Lodge. Everything was prearranged, but could it run smoothly...of course not. It took us a while to get passes to get on base (who knows where the ball was dropped on their end) and of course it took longer due to the holiday weekend. We did okay checking into the Lodge. Just had to make sure we knew who was in what room and when they were checking out. So after some minor setbacks, we got all settled.
On Saturday, we went to the San Diego Zoo. It has been several years, since I have been here, and I can't wait to return. there is just too much to see. We also met the rest of Spencer's family, so our group was quite large. Having such a large group slowed us down a bit and the fact that it was hotter than Hades, made it so we called it a day a little bit earlier than planned.
On Sunday, our two families attended church and then had a picnic in the park. Did I remember to take my camera? Yes! Did I take any pictures? No :( I have got to work on that! It was fun to talk to all the members of the family and learn more about the new folks whose lives we will be hearing more about. We spent that evening as seperate families with a sunset walk/dip at the beach and a gamenight. I had forgotten how much cooler the Pacific ocean is compared to the Gulf of Mexico/Atlantic. Chilly!!
Monday is the big day. I help Cathleen with her hair and makeup. She looks like a beautiful bride. We all get ready and head to the temple for her marriage. I must say that Cathleen looked perfect as a bride and Spencer was a very handsome groom. It brought back wonderful memories of seeing my gorgeous older sister get married about two years ago and my own wedding almost nine years ago.
Lila Cathleen and Spencer look so wonderful together and I am so excited for them to start their lives together as a couple. Marriage is a wonderful experience that is more than just a ceremony. It is a commitment to live, laugh, learn, and love one another.
Congrats to Lila Cathleen and Spencer!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister and her new husband! Weddings are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you were able to make it to the wedding without any gliches. I know it must have been a great time meeting new people and doing all the fun things you listed. The Zoo is a favorite of all of ours. The boys loved that zoo. They have been to quite a few and San Diego is the best. You were on my old stomping grounds. I was born in San Diego. I had a few birthdays there at the zoo. Back then they had a fire truck you could ride around in.
    I am happy all worked well for you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your sister and new brother-in-law! Sounds like a fun and exciting trip! The San Diego Zoo...I would LOVE to go there some day!

    ReplyDelete