Monday, September 03, 2007

K is for Kindergarten




School has once again started. Yeah!! That means summer is coming to a close, fall is beginnning and I will get a little bit of a break :) Logan is my big Kindergartener this year! It's funny, even though he has been going to school for two years, it still makes me nervous. We met his teacher the Friday before the official first day of school. She seems really nice and had a great information packet for the parents. I really like that because it helps me to know what to expect and what I can question him on when he returns from school :)
Logan got on the bus just fine and I also made it without tears. I refrained from following the bus and calling the school, but it was very tempting and the thought crossed my mind on more than one occasion. When the bus came home, we were all waiting (all the other parents in the neighboorhood) and lots of children filed off. I waited and waited and no Logan. Okay...Don't Panic! I went to the open doors of the bus and said I was missing my child...he hadn't gotten off the bus. she calls his name and here comes my Logan. Breathe.... He was just waiting so he would get off at the right stop.

The first weeks of school have gone by and Logan comes home with smiles every day. There was only one day where he wasn't very pleased. He came home and said "some kids weren't following the rules". "Oh, what happened". "they didn't follow the rules, so we all had to sit at our desks and do NOTHING". Very tramatic for a five year old to have to sit at a desk and do Nothing! Besides needing to have his backpack glued to him (he has forgotten it twice on the bus) it has been a wonderful beginning to school.

I started my classes this past week and am taking three this semester. I will definately be busy:) I am very much looking forward to the school year though. I really do learn so much and can apply it in my life now, which really helps. Here's to another great school year!

3 comments:

  1. Glad Logan is loving kindergarten!!B&B start school this week too and I am so excited!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew he would love school. He seems to really enjoy the activities and learning. You are to be credited for this Belva. You have instilled the love of learning in Logan as you are doing for Aurora. James, you helped too by reading to him and setting a good example. Go for you Logan, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine the day Riley goes to Kindergarten...but I can be sure that I won't be able to avoid the tears (I'm a wimp, really!). So glad that Logan is enjoying it! That makes it so much fun! And good luck with your semester as well!

    ReplyDelete