Logan was more than ready for his dental appointment on August 14. I have never seen a kid more excited to go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled. Don't get me wrong, I was very happy...less stress for me with a happy kid. His reason for the great anticipation, getting to put his tooth under his pillow and get a quarter from the toothfairy. I asked him how he knew about the toothfairy and he told me he learned about it on Berestein Bears.
On the day of his tooth extraction, I was nervous because I thought I would have to give a shot. That is where Logan uses the very strong word of hate. He HATES shots. Dislike doesn't even get close to doing it justice. Luckily, that was avoided with just upping his oral medication.
We did the oral sedation and that was the funniest thing in the world. I mean seriously funny. He was making funny faces and just saying things to crack me up. I was so glad I brought the camera (I finally remembered), so I could take pictures. He even had the dentist and the hygenist laughing while he's getting his tooth out. I could hear him out in the waiting room just having a good time.
Everything
went a-okay and we were home before lunch. He didn't have any problems at all getting his tooth pulled. Once we arrived home, he went straight to his room to put it under his pillow. He couldn't wait to get to bed that night, so the toothfairy could come.
The next morning (at 3am to be exact) Logan came into my room to inform me the toothfairy had put a quarter under his pillow. He was so excited as he crawled into my bed. The quarter stayed under his pillow for a week before he put it in his bunny bank:)
On the day of his tooth extraction, I was nervous because I thought I would have to give a shot. That is where Logan uses the very strong word of hate. He HATES shots. Dislike doesn't even get close to doing it justice. Luckily, that was avoided with just upping his oral medication.
We did the oral sedation and that was the funniest thing in the world. I mean seriously funny. He was making funny faces and just saying things to crack me up. I was so glad I brought the camera (I finally remembered), so I could take pictures. He even had the dentist and the hygenist laughing while he's getting his tooth out. I could hear him out in the waiting room just having a good time.
Everything
The next morning (at 3am to be exact) Logan came into my room to inform me the toothfairy had put a quarter under his pillow. He was so excited as he crawled into my bed. The quarter stayed under his pillow for a week before he put it in his bunny bank:)



That's so great!! :-)
ReplyDeleteThe tooth fairy is going broke between Logan and Luke. It is so funny they both had to have a tooth pulled within a couple weeks of each other. I am happy the tooth fairy found his tooth and I think it was great that Logan shared the good news with you even at 3am. Motherhood is wonderful!
ReplyDelete3am! Wow! He was excited! That is too sweet! Congrats to Logan on his quarter!
ReplyDelete