Monday, July 23, 2007

Bowl-a-thon

I enjoy bowling and hadn't gone in quite a while. The last time I remember going was in San Antonio when Aurora turned one, so that was two years ago. (If we went in between then, my score must have been really bad and have thus emptied it from my memory banks). James and I were talking (follow my thought process here) about how the theater on base had closed because of the lack of use. I thought to myself, what do I love to use that I wouldn't want to lose on base. Bowling! So I suggested we have a night at the bowling alley. So that evening we headed to the bowling alley. They had it where you could bowl by the game or by the hour. Since we would have three adults (James, Mom-Sue, myself) and two children we decieded it would be cheaper to bowl by the hour and it would let us see how the kiddos would do. We had a great time bowling, well most of us. Aurora had a great time dancing. I tried to get her to bowl just once and she completely laid down and went limp noodle on me right at the line. So I place her finger on the ball and then I pushed it. I bowled her game and mine (you would think I would have bowled a better score since on her lane, I had bumpers). James was the only one that broke a hundred. The rest of us were close 99, 98, etc. Logan scored well 50 something (I have the score sheet around here somewhere). Since we had such a good time, I thought I would continue doing that on Fridays. It would give us something to look forward to each week. We went this past Friday and Aurora danced while Logan and I bowled. I did great my second game (124). Logan did ok, but needs a bit more strength to get it down the lane. I am sure he will continue to improve during the coming months. Maybe one of these Fridays, Aurora will take a shot at bowling again:)


(Having problems with the pictures will try and add them again later.)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun family activity the kids can look forward to! :-) We've never taken the Girls bowling, we should try it sometime. I haven't been bowling in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE bowling! It was actually a class for me in college!! My kids love to bowl too! It's a great family activity!! I'm glad yall had fun!

    ReplyDelete