Thursday, May 24, 2007

Who won?!?


So we recorded American Idol last night and started to watch it about 30 minutes late. I cooked a late dinner. We had jager schnitlez, spatzle, potato dumpling, red cabbage, and some fried potatoes. It took two hours to get dinner ready because I had to go to the commisary, get gas, then come home and cook the meal. We sat down to watch AI (I love how they do the finale now) thoroughly enjoying all the songs and the funny recaps (I think Simon and Ryan should have won for best buddies, while James was going for Amanda and Antonella). It's coming to the end, their doing the final song before the last commercial break (I assume) and then Do you want to delete the recording? Are you kidding me? (That's for Michael-you'll have to let him know, Jesse) I am in a panic going to get the computer and it's 9:30 and the american idol homepage isn't even updated with who won. I had to wait to see it on the AOL homepage. Finally, I find out and I'm happy. It could have been either one as far as I was concerned. They were both favorites of mine- I liked Blake from the beginning and Jordin grew on me. Season 6 was not the best season, but was the most interesting (Thanks Sanjaya!). I am so kicking myself for not going to see an American Idol concert in previous years when they were in OKC/Norman.
On another note: I promise to post more pictures. I have got to catch up on since we got back and I still haven't done it!

4 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to me. It was 8:45 when I was going to start watching and I thought, I could turn it on live, but no I will watch the whole thing first. My DVR cut out during Taylor's last song. I was TICKED OFF something fierce. I got up this morning and watched the end on youtube. Thank goodness people put everything there!
    (Last week I sent the last 15-20 minutes of Grey's to my Mom, her VCR cut out and she missed a lot of the finale. Thanks youtube!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine cut off too but luckily I was watching it live as it was recording and I ran to the kithcen and caught the rest. WHY does it do that?? Bugs me so bad!!! Anyway, I am glad Jordin and Blake were in the final 2, I really liked them both. Yay to Jordin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really thought Blake was going to win. But I like them both. Too bad I wasn't watching it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the exact same way as you...I liked Blake from the beginning and Jordin grew on me...so I was just elated when they both made it to the finals! And yes...my dvr cut out too...they run so much over...but we were watching it at same time it was on live, and it cut out during commercial, so I was able to go to live channel and not miss a thing. Whew.

    ReplyDelete