Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sea World 2007

Logan and Aurora with Penny Penguin...Aurora
actually gave Penny hugs...she just doesn't like to take pictures

Well, while in SA we were able to take advantage of the hero salute at Sea World. We did it for Aurora's first birthday, so decided we could do it again for her third birthday. We went on a Friday to avoid crowds and go my little scooter, so I could keep up with the walkers. Even then they could still beat me at times, especially on hills:) It was a lot of fun. We took advantage of the "disabled" entrance (you get to skip the line), but there is a catch-an abled bodied person over 16 must ride with you in case of the need to evacuate. This posed a problem because of the kids. James actually found someone who was willing to ride with Logan and I on a ride because Aurora couldn't go on it. On another ride, the Texas Splashdown, they said if they could walk-they could ride. You don't have to tell us twice. Aurora was soooo not a fan, but Logan loved it. He had to talk her into riding a second time because he wanted to go again. It was too sweet. "It'll be okay, Rora. Mommy will hold you tight. Please, just one more time" She went again and half way through, she said "I'm done". There was not going to be any chance of talking her into a third time:)

We also enjoyed feeding the dolphins. Logan thinks this is a lot of fun as you have to lie on your belly and hold out the fish. He just would laugh would the dolphin would come and get the fish. He accidentaly dropped on fish as he was trying to reach out and pet the dolphin, but luckily we had plently more.

The shows were a lot of fun. Shamu being the best. When they start, they recognize the military members and their families with a little video and then have those in the audience stand up. It makes me tear up everytime, because it's nice to get a thank you and makes me very proud of our family. Both Logan and Aurora loved Shamu. Logan even moved over, so he could wave his arms to get soaked by salty and cold (59 degree) by the whales. I got soaked too, becuase I went with him. It was great!
We bought Aurora a stuffed Shamu for her birthday to go along with all her other animals she sleeps with. I think she might want to have a degree in fisheries and wildlife just like her two aunts...then again...maybe not since she prefers them to be stuffed:)

7 comments:

  1. I love Sea World!!! Looks like you had so much fun! :-)
    I love it when they recognize and thank the military members and their families. I am a PROUD AF wife, I can't say that enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures. Glad you guys go to go there again and thanks to Busch for letting us in free :) It's a great deal. I cried at the Shamu show too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Sea World! I can't wait to take Riley! He LOVES sea animals...even SHARKS! I hope we can make it this summer! I'm so jealous! And yes, it's so great that they recognized the military and their family, you guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PENGUINS!!!!!!!! That is all I have to say :)
    Happy 4th birthday little chica!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved Sea World when we went too!! It looks like yall had a great visit!! I cried at the military thank you video!!! Happy Birthday Aurora!! Is she 3 already????? Where does the time go???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, so apparently I can't count or read...happy THIRD Aurora!!! hehe blonde moment
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you were able to spend the day at Sea World. Aurora is very lucky to have two birthdays at Sea World. I really like the management when they take the time to thank our military and their families. It is important to all. Serving in the military and being a military family is very challenging now. Happy Third Birthday Aurora. Love you!

    ReplyDelete