Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Big Day - FCC style

Today was my accredation visit for Family Child Care. It has been nerve-wrecking the last couple of weeks to get ready and since I am famous for procrastination I was busy up till the last minute. I was up till 12 o'clock last night and then finshing more with last minute touch-ups this morning. James helped with some outside chores and keeping Logan occupied for the afternoon. (He picked him up at school, so I would have one less to worry about.)
My observor arrived and after introductions and a couple of questions of where things were, the observation was under way. It is the wierdest feeling in the world to have someone just watching you. No talking. We did our regular routine, free time (kids choose their own activity - puzzles, dolls, etc.) circle time (a music time where we sing and dance - the kids were not so interested today), reading (they liked more today), art (painted with pudding-great way to have everyone involved because it doesn't matter if they eat it), outside (sandbox-Thanks to James for pouring in the new sand), soccer (Aurora loves to play), Dora (couldn't live without it), and then lunch and nap. She left as everyone was lying down for nap than came back an hour later for the interview and follow-up questions about anything she didn't see.
I think it went well. As we finished the day, it turns out she works at Tyndall in the FCC office. We both know several of the same folks that I worked with when I worked at the Youth Center.
I am glad it is over. I find out with the next couple months if I passed. There isn't immediate feedback to tell you what you've done right and where you need improvement. I'm ready to watch some American Idol and hit the hay. I'm hoping James with cook or bring food home otherwise it's cereal for dinner. I'm done for the day:)

5 comments:

  1. Well congrats, I am sure you did great today, you are wonderful with kiddos. And the pics of Logan and Aurora are adorable. How fun. How many oranges did you guys end up eating?? I am sure he is so proud of himself. Miss you lots! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear that you passed!! I have no doubts!!! You were made for that job!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck...although I'm sure you did wonderfully! Sounds like you've got it all together and things went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATED the observation part of student teaching, resident year, etc!! So wierd to have someone just watching you all day! I am sure you did great though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you did great! Wish I could keep my kids with you!!!

    ReplyDelete