Sunday, January 14, 2007

FYI

Yes, I'm still here. It's been busy around here getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. I also can only blog on the laptop. For whatever reason, blogger doesn't like the desktop. Anyway, that sometimes limits my blogging ablility.
School has started back up for Logan and me. Both are going well. I have finished my first week of school. Lots of reading to do and just being on the computer. We stopped at the campus in Tallahassee and had fun wandering around and going to the bookstore. Makes me realize how much I missed school. Of course, we'll see how long that feeling lasts :)
I have also turned in paperwork to request an observation to become accredited. This is the top step as a family child care provider. I am hoping to be accredited by May, which is when I originally applied. Things were in limbo during the move, becoming re-licensed here, etc. A bit of a pain, but more time to prepare:)
Other things of note going on here: Lucky me, I'm getting seen again for this pain I have in my leg. I had surgery on it back in Nov. 2000. That helped, but it has continued to bother me off and on. I have done physical therapy, massage, etc. Last April, I talked to the Dr. again about it and he said it was probably scar tissue build-up (which I have heard before) so I just asked for some meds for when it is really bothering me. Since we have moved here I have been taking the meds on a pretty regular basis, so we went in to get a consult to see an orthopedic surgeon. To get the consult I had to get an X-ray. That showed bone spurs. Ah ha, now we know what could be a very likely source of the pain. I also have had a bone scan (that lite up-so there is some rapid cell growth going on) and I will have an MRI tomorrow morning. I am hoping that by the end of this week we'll have the reports back and know what the next step is. Most likely, I'll be having surgery again (this is my own opinion since it has not been confirmed by a professional as of yet). Fun stuff ~ at least I have had it done before so know what to expect. I will ask to be put all the way under instead of doing a spinal. I woke up last time as they were finishing and could hear what they were doing. Luckily, I was so out of it, it really didn't register. I could never be a doctor or nurse!
Also, my washing machine has died on me. Currently the soonest they could come out to fix it is the 31st. Not happy about that. I do not want to have to buy a new washer! I'm am worried that it will cause more to fix it, than to buy a new one.
Good news ~ American Idol starts in 2 days!! I am so excited!! James does his 24 thing (not my fav). He gets really into it and it makes me laugh as he talks to the TV.
Alrighty...that's all for now. I will post pictures of Christmas and whatever else when it lets me.

5 comments:

  1. Well gracious Belva Jean, there is nothing like a dull moment, huh?! Good luck with everything, hang in there you will do great. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering about you!!! It seems you have been awfully busy!!! Slow down girl!! I will be keeping you in my prayers about your leg! Jeff has pain in his leg where he broke it when he was younger! HMMMMM I wonder!! I wonder why you can only blog on the laptop?? Do you have blogger blocked or some security thing going on. WHo knows!! I'm just glad your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you see you back on the blogs! Sorry to hear about your leg; hopefully you won't have to have another surgery. Like you said though, you have been through it before and know what to expect. Keep us posted! Good luck with school! YAY for Idol starting up again!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the leg issue!! I'm glad your back in school and happy about it! You are so great and I admire you for doing so well with the child care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your leg, I certainly hope it can be taken care of somehow and help relieve any pain. Back in school...I am a little envious! It must be kinda fun! Congrats on James becoming Major as well, just saw that post...with American Idol along with that news it's just a great week for ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete