Okay, so this is a little late, but I still wanted to
share our Thanksgiving Day.Our day started at 6:45 when I got up to bake the pies. I thought I would have some peace and quiet and have the pies in the oven before the kids got up, but no such luck. Since they were up, I enlisted their help to make the pies. We made two pumpkin pies, pecan pie, and an apple crumb pie. Once those were in the oven we set up the Roaster and stuck the turducken in. Yes, we had turducken (the chicken stuffed in the duck stuffed in the turkey). We found it at a local Seafood/Meat market so decieded to at least give it a try
. As the pies and turducken were cooking I made the seafoam salad,
cranberry chutney and got to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day pararade. We didn't watch the whole. The kids were more interested in doing their own thing, so James and I caught up on some of our shows. Once it's about an hour away from the turducken being done I put together the sweet potatoe casserole, green bean casserole, mash the potatoes, make the rolls and make the gravy. Everything finished around the same time so w
e had dinner at 1:30. The kids didn't eat too much, but they did try a little of everything. Aurora tried some of the seafoam salad which I put pecans in. since she is allergic to peanuts, I was watching her as she ate it. A pecan is a tree nut so it shouldn't be a problem, but she started messing with her mouth. Slight panic sets in, so I get her some Benadryl, just to be on the safe side. We think it was just a hair in her mouth, because she stopped messing around with her tounge and was upset at me when I took away her seafoam salad. I would rather be safe than sorry. Once dinner was over, time for football and naps. Logan was very ready to take his nap. He asked if it would be Christmas when he woke up. I said no, and he replied "Thanksgiving is the longest day." Aurora fell asleep on my lap which doesn't happen very often any more so I treasure it even more. 
That weekend we worked on getting up our Christmas decorations. We have never gotten them up so soon after Thanksgiving and so quickly. We actually put up our Christmas tree and put on lights and decorations in one night! Usually it takes us a week. I was glad to get it down so it puts up me a bit more in the holiday spirit. A little hard to think it as Thanksgiving and going to be Christmas when you have sunshiny days and it is 75 degrees outside. Those who have snow if you would like to share, I will gladly take some:)




What a great family Thanksgiving! The food looks so good! So how was the turducken?? I chicken (HA HA) out at the last minute and stuck with the faithful turckey!! Your tree is pretty too!! Is it real?
ReplyDeleteWow, 4 pies!!! You are good! The food looks great, I am sure the kids enjoyed helping!! I have never even seen a turducken at a store, I would like to try it at least once. How did it taste? Your tree looks great! :-)
ReplyDelete