Sunday, October 22, 2006

Halloween Phantom


The Halloween Phantom struck again. This time is hit us. My first thought when I opened the door at 8 in the evening was "who in the world is coming to my house and ringing the doorbell at this time of night?". After opening the door and seeing a bucket full of goodies, my thought was "how sweet for someone to think of us while James is not here". Third thought after reading the note "How am I going to pull off being sneaky with two kids in tow?". The next night (after buying our goodies) Logan, Aurora and I head out the door with our basket of goodies on hand. We head to our next door neighbor's house and I put Logan in charge of taking the basket to the door ringing the door bell and running back to me. I told him he had to be sneaky. I was trying hard not to laugh as I am yelling instructions to him "Put the basket down in front of the door. Ring the doorbell. Now run back to me....No, put the candy down...now run to me." Thank goodness, no one moves fast to open the door as we duck behind the wheels of a parked car. We head back to the house to get our basket to the second house. This one was a bit easier. Logan delivered the basket on the doorstep, rang the doorbell, and headed back to us. No one was home at the time, so need to hide:) He was ready to do it again, but alas it was time to head back to the house and go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. That's such a cool idea. I can just see Logan swiping the candy back at the door :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did that in the MOMS Club...it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we had a blast doing that with the MOMS Club! It was fun driving around town with the kids in tow trying to be sneaky! Yall know I don't run but I managed!!! I rode with Michele and she was pretty funny too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! That's neat! :-)

    ReplyDelete